Random Technology CAT Question

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who has installed RT CATS, did you have an odor come from them when they are hot? If so, how many miles did it take for the smell to go away? My RT CATS smell like they are new and just burning out the "new" smell, I have about 100 miles on them. Thanks in advance.

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stiffler,

They should keep burning for 300 miles max and then no more smell.. I have 11000 miles on em no problems at all
smile.gif

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAREFUL: I live where Random Technology is headquartered (Atlanta) and bought a set of their bullet cats. My dealer tech put them in. I have been told by local muffler shops that Random does not actually manufacture anything. What Random sold me were something like "CATCO" cats, which are often used on ricer cars. I now have one cat that has no substrate whatsever. Gotta think the other will go soon because they cannot handle the flow/exhaust temps of the Viper engine.

Perhaps the ones that many tuners here sell (whichare RT models) have more ability to handle the flows/temps, but the ones RT sold me were worthless. That said, I just passed GA emissions with my cats in their present state.

Make sure that you are installing the RT model that other are using sucessfully !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960