Razors to Sidewinders

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 08 Aero Coupe came with Polished Razor wheels, okay but not my first choice. Been thinking about making a change for a few years and finally pulled the trigger. I bought a set of new Polished Sidewinders and sent them to California Chrome for a "Black Fusion" coat. They did an excellent job, reasonably priced, and had a quick turnaround. A pleasure to do business with. Its quite a change from polished to black, especially on a black car. Its going to take some getting used to but I think I like it. I know these are nothing new but humor me and let me know what you think.

You must be registered for see images attach

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look absolutely horrid. What a terrible choice of wheel, and I can't believe you spent money to get that look.

PM me so I can send you an address to properly dispose of them. I'll even pay for your shipping out to me. They'll look great on my car!... err I mean in the trash

:rolaugh: They look fantastic! :2tu::2tu:

F

FrgMstr

Awesome choice! Got a set of Razors in storage as well. Meh.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious, what was the weight difference between the razors and the sidewinders you got? Also, how do the 6-spokes compare in weight to these two?

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks soo familiar :D

Your car looks great!

Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
B

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious, what was the weight difference between the razors and the sidewinders you got? Also, how do the 6-spokes compare in weight to these two?

I can't tell you the exact difference in pounds but the Sidewinders are definitely lighter than Razors. Shipping weight including boxes were 33 lbs. on rear and 24 on fronts. Estimate Razors to be somewhere between 5-10 lbs more per wheel. I don't know compared to 6 spokes but from what I understand they are probably about the same or similar to Sidewinders.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, you know what I think, best change you could make for your car!!!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good - a completely different look (more aggressive) but I liked the Razors better. Did you notice any difference in the handling?

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now your car looks like a race car. I can't believe they put polished wheels on a viper. I think they were trying to appeal to the chevy crowd.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am torn with this car. Adding the black sidewinders makes it look just like an ACR. I am not a big fan of the Razors but on your Aero car it really sets it apart and lets you know that it is not an ACR.

Both look good to me.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I like the new look, but it is such a big change that its going to take some getting used to.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good decision.

FYI, the five spokes are very heavy compared to the sidewinders.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi