Rb1 and Mopar Ipod Intergration

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Mopar finally came out with a kit to connect an Ipod to the stock Dodge/Chrysler radio. While the Viper is not on the list of cars the kit is available for, it show, however, the RB1 in the pamphlet so I assume it will work in the Viper so long as you have the RB1.

I know Dan (FinalGTS) was selling a package including the RB1 and Ipod integration, I am just not sure if this is the same setup. Nonetheless, it is nice to know you can now purchase this kit knowing it is an official Mopar accessory.

With that said, I am in the market for the RB1 so long as I can get one of these kits. Has anyone seen or heard of this? Anyone have this exact setup? I am interested to see where you store the Ipod. I am planning on purchasing an ipod mini and leaving it in the car and only take it out on the rare occasion it needs to be updated. You can get a fairly cheap used one on ebay.

Here is the pamphlet.
9384DSC04113-med.JPG

9384DSC04112-med.JPG

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are available, they do work with the RB1, and they do work in a Viper. I have one in my car now.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the part # is 82209616AC and I am going to pick one up today. Will post my results after it is installed.

I get pretty good pricing on all mopar parts if anyone is interested pm and I will be more than happy to pick one up for you.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it work with the RB1 and the Chrysler Sirius unit plugged in at the same time?
Thank you. Larry

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan is it plug and play? Where did you locate your Ipod?

Yes, plug and play. I located my ipod in the trunk, but I already had a cable running back there and slaved for a day doing the soldering work. It would be much easier to locate it somewhere in the passenger compartment.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does it work with the RB1 and the Chrysler Sirius unit plugged in at the same time?
Thank you. Larry

it should, the iPod kit allows the Sirius/CD changer to be plugged into it, and it will allow a toggle on the main menu.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Costco sells the IPOD now.

Dumb question: what's an RB1

Sounds like a drive through order at Arby's

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RB1 is one of the radio/navigation systems for Chrysler. Look in back at the top. It is the radio/NAV system on the right hand side. It fits into the stock Viper radio slot.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will probably install mine tonite and might post progress pics of the install and maybe some of the RB1 and Sirius install.
I dont want to start a price war with anyone on here but I can get that ipod part cheaper.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely let us know how the install goes. Where are you going to locat the Ipod? Also what Ipod are you using?

I this i will mount mine in the center arm rest.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my fingers have a mind of their own.

"I THINK I WILL MOUNT MINE IN THE CENTER ARM REST."

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dos Equis break.....

overall a pretty easy install. Everything is working, sirius, radio, nav and ipod. I installed the small box in the glovebox area and ran the cable to the center console.

Now I just need to remember where all these screws go...Why do I always have extra parts?

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job. I like it. Looks like I am next. Question does it charge the ipod as well?