RB1 navigation installed

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say that after the install of the RB1 navigation, my personal opinion is that the interior look MUCH more upscale. I really did notlike the oem head unit. Also, like everyone says, the sound is more powerful somehow. I will be replacing the speakers this week-end. The navigation is very easy to use. All my other cars have navigation, this will be my 5th navigation, and it is comparable to the lexus and the hondas except that it does not have touchscreen, but I don't miss it. Everything is fairly intuitive. Compared to my dad's S500, this is a decade or two better in terms of intuitive and feel of use. I was afraid the screen was too small, but NOT AT ALL!!!! I am very glad I bought it. I would highly recommend you all to consider getting one if you are interested in GPS. Final GTS was the person I relied on the most for my purchase and installation. I would highly recommend buying from him. His price is better than any dealership! The install was fairly easy although I had an audio guy do it for me...he completed it in less than 30 minutes.

On a bad note, I scratched my driver side front rims big time turning into a parking space. I did not realize how long the hood was, so my rims rammed into the curb and before I could stop, I have 2 gashes about 4 inches long each. It is not too bad. You really have to be looking at my rims from 3-4 feet or less to really see it, but it still hurts. This will be my daily driver, so it is expected that "****" will happen.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vinc, congrats on RB1. Mine is coming in tomorrow, hopefully I will have it before our pizza time:). Sorry to hear about the rim but - just to let you know - you are not alone in this. I scratched mine rear psg on Sunday. At least I have somebody to blame, I stopped but my dear significant other expressed HER opinion of MY viper being too close to passing vehicles.... I SHOULD HAVE NOT LISTEN like I ussually don't BUT IT's VIPER FOR CHRIST SAKE:). So I did... ehh it;s just a rim:)

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vic, In regards to the bad note. Take the car over to Wheel Tech located at 3280 Edward Ave Unit D, Santa Clara, Ca. 408-496-6363. They can fix the rim and you won't be able to tell where you scratched it. They do outstanding work.

OP
OP
V

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhhh, wheel Tech, wasn't it use to be Wheel Technic? I had my nsx rims polished there, and it was a superb job. I will do that. How much can it possibly be for one rim, a couple hundred at most, right? I feel better now. Thanks, Dave!

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about some pictures..... ?

here are some pics of mine

6400IMGP2304-med.JPG

6400IMGP2300-med.JPG

6400nav_sys_1-med.JPG

6400nav_sys_dodge_logo-med.JPG

vd..

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where do you get these??

NOMERCY- check the supplier section, I put up a post a little while ago about these.

Keep in mind, 99.99% of those units on Ebay are NOT new, they are pullouts from factory installs where the customer does not want to pay for the nav. They toss in a new antenna and manual pack and sell it as new. They also do not come with a warranty. Lastly, according to the Mopar Acessories Catalog there are two versions of the RB-1, which you CANNOT tell apart, even if they are sitting next to one another. Even I do not know what the differences are. Buyer Beware!

Thanks,

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all goes well when I get my car. This will be my first mod. Thanks for al lthe info fellas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960