Rear Exhaust Question

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or am I the only person that wishes to see the exhaust exit at the rear, instead of the side exhausts? There is something about seeing the exhaust tips at the rear of vehicle that makes it more appealing...

Will the Viper ever have the exhaust exit at the rear ever again?

EDIT: I realize that many of you are owners of an SRT-10, so logically your opinions are somewhat biased ;)

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Exhaust Question

I disagree. Virtually every other car except the Merc SLR has exhaust exiting in the rear. I like the look of the side exhaust. It sets the Viper apart.

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not me. I like those big, old exhausts rumbling and burbling (and sometimes howling) at the people standing next to you. Those big, fat-arsed tires give all the character to the back of the SRT that it needs.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

buy the european exhaust system for the car(rear exit i believe), or at least the Startech car had rear exhaust. I dont know if makes or looses HP compared to the std sidepipes.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I liked the look of the sidepipes on my RT. I miss them a bit on the GTS.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

While I do like Side Exahust, I am curious as to what it would look like perhaps on an SRT-10 if the exhaust pipes were to come out of the rear bumper vents? Perhaps 2 pipes per vent, 4 total? Any GOOD Photoshop guys want to give it a whirl?

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Final - Startech offers the exact thing you are talking about. Personally I don't think the car looks right with rear exhaust. It was ment for side exhaust and when the sides are covered up, that black panel there seems out of place and useless. Anyways heres a pic from startech:

[image]http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2003_startech_viper_srt-10-2.jpg[/image]

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The side sills look like poo, but I like the rear exit exhaust! Could use some more aggressive tips though.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RT/10: Side and rear exhaust looked good on it.

GTS: Rear exit exhaust looked good on it.

SRT/10: Side exhaust looks good on it.

IMO, the placement of the exhaust that DC has chosen for each GEN has been perfect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang