rear subwoofer

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooooo, I don't think so. I hope Shandon is right, but I'm 90% sure it's an all-in deal, to get that sub speaker out, you're pulling the whole thing, seats, rear deck.

Of course it wouldn't be the first time I was dead wrong about something - and I'd like to be dead wrong on this one. I am looking to swap that puppy, so I'll stay tuned for confirmation myself.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends whether its a coupe or convertible and the year. Gen 3 vert can be removed without pulling the seats. I've had mine out a few times but I have an Autoform roll bar and bulkhead if that makes any difference. Let me know and Ill guide you thru it. Pretty simple. You do own a Sawzall right:D Just kidding.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 09 coup, can I even get away with moving the seat forward.

I'm not familiar with how the bulkhead in the coupe is installed but I know it's larger than the verts. Just pull the seats. 4 bolts on each and disconnect the seat belt monitoring plug under the seat before pulling it out. Thrust me removing the seats is the easiest part of the job and it gives you a ton of room to work around.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he said^^^. Popping the seats out is nothing on a vert. Might be a complete PITA though on a coupe though. If I'm doing any work inside the car, I usually pop the seats out because it's so easy and gives me so much more room to move in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang