Rear Wheel Hub part number (Dodge Dakota ?)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need two rear wheel bearings for my Dodge Viper 2006 Coupe.
I will replace the entire hub. The part number seems to be 04763182AB

Is the rear wheel hub the same for GEN 1, GEN 2 and GEN 3 Vipers ?

I thing one of the Dodge Dakota models have the same rear hub.
Which modele is it ?

The hub's price is between $80 and $400 depending on where you shop ....

What is the difference between these brands:

Proformer Bearings
Napa
Mopar
etc ?

On a Corvette forum one of the guys bought a race bearing, One side said :"Made in USA" the other side said "Made in China" :)

How would you trust "Yueqing Chinta Imp & Exp Co., Ltd. (Zhejiang Zhengda Bearing Co., Ltd.) " ? :)

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack (my specialty... :D) but when I did a front on my '01 recently the Mopar had the "non-removeable" center bolt factory installed. The cheaper ebay etc units did not.

I prefer top notch parts on things that go roundy round real fast.

Here is that part:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need the REAR BEARING ... however I thing they are the same. Am I right ?

How do you remove that "no removable" bolt ?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand you need the rear bearing. I can read ;) That's why I said I was hijacking.

Seeing as the hub I bought that has the same PN that you claim is the rear and there is the wrong stub axle in the middle I'd say investigate the PN some more. My point was more so to promote the value/quality of OEM versus discount parts than to dispute what you are looking for.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the rears are interchangeable among generations 2, 3 and 4. However, they are NOT interchangeable w/fronts.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was espetially wondering what is the quality difference between all these hubs.
For some cars you can get really high quality bearings.
I have the impression that for the Vipers we have just stock and chinese bearings for $70 ...

Obviously I overheated the Mopar bearings on my Viper ... when I crossed Nebraska and Wyoming in just 8 hours ... Including the stops.

Last edited:

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just put the car on a jack and did the bearing test as well. Seems like I have a lot more play in the rear drivers side then I do on the rear passenger side... How does a bearing wear faster on one side then another? Got quoted $675 total to fix just the 1 side at a local shop. D:

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get a cheap bearing for $80.00 problem is you will have to replace it again in a year. These chinese "white box" bearings can look like the orginals on your vehicle, but they are garbage.

I need two rear wheel bearings for my Dodge Viper 2006 Coupe.
I will replace the entire hub. The part number seems to be 04763182AB

Is the rear wheel hub the same for GEN 1, GEN 2 and GEN 3 Vipers ?

I thing one of the Dodge Dakota models have the same rear hub.
Which modele is it ?

The hub's price is between $80 and $400 depending on where you shop ....

What is the difference between these brands:

Proformer Bearings
Napa
Mopar
etc ?

On a Corvette forum one of the guys bought a race bearing, One side said :"Made in USA" the other side said "Made in China" :)

How would you trust "Yueqing Chinta Imp & Exp Co., Ltd. (Zhejiang Zhengda Bearing Co., Ltd.) " ? :)

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, it seems that I'm going to bite the bullet and just replace the one wheel hub that has a lot of play. Question, I've looked over some general DIY's on how to replace wheel hubs and they don't seem difficult. Is it different for the Viper? I'd hate to get started and realize that I don't have the proper tools to finish midway.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack (my specialty... :D) but when I did a front on my '01 recently the Mopar had the "non-removeable" center bolt factory installed. The cheaper ebay etc units did not.

I prefer top notch parts on things that go roundy round real fast.

Here is that part:

Are both fronts the same? I need to replace my drivers side, but I'm thinking about changing out both of them. Where is the best place online to order them? I want the Mopar ones for sure. Thanks!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar = Timekin FYI. I just replaced the fronts on my car. The Mopar part # is stamped on the assembly that came in the Timken box. If you order through your dealership you will get the center spindle and nut. If you don't you will not and you will have to remove the one on your current assembly which they designed not to come off but it can be done with about 10-15 min of extra work

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar = Timekin FYI. I just replaced the fronts on my car. The Mopar part # is stamped on the assembly that came in the Timken box. If you order through your dealership you will get the center spindle and nut. If you don't you will not and you will have to remove the one on your current assembly which they designed not to come off but it can be done with about 10-15 min of extra work

Where did you order yours from? I would just rather get it with the center nut so I can just bolt it on. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the Timekin's online for like $130-$140 each instead of the $300 each @ the dealership. I figured that much of a price difference was worth my time to make the swap.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct, I had to remove them from the old hubs. They are designed not to come off but it's not that hard to get them off once you figure it out.

stryfe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can anyone verify the TIMKEN rear wheel hub assembly part number for a Gen II GTS? it is listed as #513132 on many sites, but that is incorrect. i believe it should be #513109.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
513132 is the part # I installed on the fronts. I'm not sure if they will also work on the rears. I haven't removed a rear and compared it to one of the older fronts I took off.

stryfe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
513132 is the part # I installed on the fronts. I'm not sure if they will also work on the rears. I haven't removed a rear and compared it to one of the older fronts I took off.

i have a #513132 on-hand and it does not fit. i didn't notice it was listed for both front/rear when i ordered it or i would have done more digging. i am going to exchange it just need to verify part number first.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Chuck Tator a call. I got my front hub shipped to me in about 3 days and it only cost me around $300 for the Mopar part. There is a difference in the front and rear hubs.

914-763-3136

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala