Rebate on ge 5 coming this week

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One problem is as the selling force shrinks (number of dealers even ordering a car) it can open up another problem...how do you find a local Viper tech to help and/or get any warranty work performed ??????? Hard to ship your car to Woodhouse or Tomball for warranty work ( nothing meant against these dealers and I was only using as an example) I think that maybe the Viper could become how Porsche solved their dealer problems a few years ago....they give a dealer a car or two, the dealer cannot put more than about 30 or so miles on the car OR the dealer now owns it ( keeps the dealer staff from joy-driving) , then periodically, they send a truck around and move the vehicles from one dealership to another, that way a dealer had a green one for 3 months or so, then over night a red one arrives at the dealership and the green goes to a different dealership OR someone hears about the green and it is shipped to a customer, also they know how to play the time of year, hard to sell a porsche in North Dakota in January, while in South Florida they are selling....the factory controls the costs this way and the dealerhip is a partner rather than an independent business !! Also this would minimize the "dreaded supplemental stickers for paint protectr. pin stripe and undercoating as well as dealer payment of $15k to $25K ???!! The only problem with ALL my premise is, can the dealers do this with their legal documents with the parent company, Chrysler ?? My $.02
In all aspects Porshe is used to and equipted to deal with a 100k item-buyer Dodge is not .When a dealer wholesales a new car its to remove the item from floorplan (CUT LOSSES because its a depreciating asset that they dont think they can ever make money on )Inturn if a hard or soft coupon comes that same dealer will be hating life .

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad those dealers learned a very expensive lesson.
The dealer actually holds some cards though as Dodge wants them(DEALERS ) to buy as much floorplan as possible including the 2015 Vipers if applicable .The dealer uses this as leverage if theres a model sitting they cant move

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One problem is as the selling force shrinks (number of dealers even ordering a car) it can open up another problem...how do you find a local Viper tech to help and/or get any warranty work performed ???????

It doesn't matter if the dealer no longer sells any new vipers or not. They already paid into the SRT fee which includes servicing and training. Think of the sales and service as seperate departments.

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the dealer no longer sells any new vipers or not. They already paid into the SRT fee which includes servicing and training. Think of the sales and service as seperate departments.

25K right and you can maintain Gen 1-V I imagine they are not hurting on that one. The dealer that used to service my gen III when it was in warranty never sold a Viper as far as I know.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It comes down to this (as per 2009 when Dodge allowed the Viper to be included in the employee rebate )Dodge doesnt care about the customer paid near sticker (event of a hard or soft rebate )they care about the dealer will threaten to delay future product purchase untill floorplan invent is sold

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all aspects Porshe is used to and equipted to deal with a 100k item-buyer Dodge is not .When a dealer wholesales a new car its to remove the item from floorplan (CUT LOSSES because its a depreciating asset that they dont think they can ever make money on )Inturn if a hard or soft coupon comes that same dealer will be hating life .
I think that if Dodge wants to play in the over $100K and they see what just happened to them, isn't the CAAP line still down ? I really think they have to look at the total package to the customer, I bet small dealers won't be buying as many to watch them sit and lose the floorplan money....I agree that at some point the dealer has to "cut bait" but usually they go to a car auction and soon the Viper shows up on the Nissan or Kia dealership floor...my concern is that the people that want a car can get one with some type of backup for warranty or future repairs ??!!

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that if Dodge wants to play in the ov er $100K and they see what just happened to them, isn't the CAAP line still down ? I really think they have to look at the total package to the customer, I bet small dealers won't be buying as many to watch them sit and lose the floorplan money....I agree that at some point the dealer has to "cut bait" but usually they go to a car auction and soon the Viper shows up on the Nissan or Kia dealership floor...my concern is that the people that want a car can get one with some type of backup for warranty or future repairs ??!![/QUOTE Very very true .At the pricepoint the car now occupys its a total different ballgame As you said the car now has to be the total package .Technology ,features ,fit finish, dealer service and in many cases pedigree ( how many buyers buy a car because its says Ferrarri or Rolls )The cars a great track car no doubt the proiblem but 7% or less of the buyers will ever risk taking a 100k car out on a roadcourse As far as the dealers i wonder hom many of the zone reps talked them into ordeirng them for spec and how many ordered them for customers that never took the car (.In NJ for example theses no such thing as a non refund deposit inturn a dealer totally stuck as the odds of a impulse buy with a noneducated buyer is slim

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad......I think we agree on most all, I do feel a little sorry for the people that stepped up when the car first came out and paid at least sticker and I bet some paid the dealer's game of $15k or even $25K over sticker..one dealer I was visiting to see and touch the car told me his supplemental sticker of $25K was to recoup the price he had to pay to Dodge to be an SRT dealer, but each consumer knows what they want and can afford...I would never had seen this coming with the car sitting, line shutdown, such a great looking and nice car, I have my opinion what it needs ...but when you get over the $100K level I feel changes occur, many people can't afford over $100K for a car to sit for use once in a while...I know one person will respond and tell me they drive it daily to work, but they are VERY few....I was ready to get one and did some comparison and waited but couldn't decide on any that had stripes that I liked, I think the hood has many openings and bends that doesn't make stripes look that good....my $.02

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It comes down to this (as per 2009 when Dodge allowed the Viper to be included in the employee rebate )Dodge doesnt care about the customer paid near sticker (event of a hard or soft rebate )they care about the dealer will threaten to delay future product purchase untill floorplan invent is sold

Chrysler was hurting for cash and needed cash at that time which is why they offered deep incentives.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx Taxi, that was me. I do have the title in my hand from the original Dodge Dealer in NJ that wholesaled the car to the company I purchased it from and I have called and spoken with SRT. I am listed as the first/original owner :) I just need to pick my vanity plate and head to the Secretary of State for my plate. I like these two which are both available: TRAKPAK or TRAKPKG...

Congratulation on the spectacular purchase. You were definitely in the right place at the right time for that one!

Last edited:
OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler was hurting for cash and needed cash at that time which is why they offered deep incentives.
So you dont think the dealers having to lose tens of thousands of dollars EACH on these cars to sell them is not going to filter back to Dodge Its extremely doubtful Dodge is not going to do something here to ease the financial pain. Tripple net (true cost )on a 130 k Gts is approx low teens Factory in another 350 a month for floorplan and you near 120K APPROX The latest numbers on the car have them being sold in the HIGH 90S

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS Theres also the fact that Dodge doesnt want their flagship being sold NEW at actions like Manheim as its not the greatest publicity a company wants to evoke

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad......I think we agree on most all, I do feel a little sorry for the people that stepped up when the car first came out and paid at least sticker and I bet some paid the dealer's game of $15k or even $25K over sticker..one dealer I was visiting to see and touch the car told me his supplemental sticker of $25K was to recoup the price he had to pay to Dodge to be an SRT dealer, but each consumer knows what they want and can afford...I would never had seen this coming with the car sitting, line shutdown, such a great looking and nice car, I have my opinion what it needs ...but when you get over the $100K level I feel changes occur, many people can't afford over $100K for a car to sit for use once in a while...I know one person will respond and tell me they drive it daily to work, but they are VERY few....I was ready to get one and did some comparison and waited but couldn't decide on any that had stripes that I liked, I think the hood has many openings and bends that doesn't make stripes look that good....my $.02
Its tough to sell 100 k American Car (Chevy dont set the world on fire with the ZR-1 but they dont care because the cost is assumulated over the 30k other Vetts they sell a year )Ford did well with the FGT but thats an entirely different story as it was only being made 2 years and was MUCH MORE revolutionary than a Gen 5(mid engine alum frame ect )Had the 5 had some crazy horsepower number backed up by other state of the art tech i think it would have definately helped In 09 i let one of the principals of the NJ Ferrarri club take my Gen 4 out he loved the Viper proclaiming it the fastest piece of plastic he had ever driven and at around 68 k (what i paid for it used 10 miles )felt it was well worth it because for the money fantastic overall value

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does "assumulated" mean? Do you mean "absorbed" or "spread"?

The people who stepped up and paid sticker got to enjoy the car before others. Getting a bargain is not the goal of everyone. Some people understand the meaning of the words "No one can promise you tomorrow. It may never come."

Last edited:

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The people who stepped up and paid sticker got to enjoy the car before others. Getting a bargain is not the goal of everyone. Some people understand the meaning of the words "No one can promise you tomorrow. It may never come."

I understand what you mean. But I think I would shoot myself if I found out that I could have bought the same $145k GTS a year later for $99k new.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does "assumulated" mean? Do you mean "absorbed" or "spread"?

I think he means amortized and just got his words mixed up...maybe?

Bill

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. But I think I would shoot myself if I found out that I could have bought the same $145k GTS a year later for $99k new.[/QUOTE LOL Bob is whistling by the graveyard and will say ANYTHING not to REALIZE how much his GEN 5 will be devalued (from what he paid for it )when this coupon hits

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS Bob may not even need the coupon as someone just posted he got 41 k off sticker on a GEN 5 in the 140s wow the dealer are just bailing out not even waiting

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even at 40k off they only sold a few Gen 5s last week (still close to 900 avail on dealer floorplan )What is going to be a TRUE DOLLAR AMOUNT to move this car With the 4 many sold using the Chrysler Employee Discount from high 50s to mid 60s option dependent

purenxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a 0 percent @ 72 months, like Chevy will move them but I doubt that will happen.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a 0 percent @ 72 months, like Chevy will move them but I doubt that will happen.
look at the number in relation to what it took to move the Gen 4 .If a 4 moved at mid to low 60s how much more is the 5 worth The 5 has 40 more hp and a nicer interior REALISTICALLY how much more is that worth to the average consumer 15 k more then the 4.( Remember in a few months the 2013 are 2 years old )If you read the post we are now at 40 off and they still aint moving inturn i think the number is mid 80s on a new 2013 GTS and mid 70s on the base model

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad gts.
You are not a buyer you ate a big talker looking to pay nothing for a car. You must think Srt should give you a car for free. Then not even sure you would take it. Go post in the gen four forum. I paid sticker for my three gen fours and never complained about the price.

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad gts.
You are not a buyer you ate a big talker looking to pay nothing for a car. You must think Srt should give you a car for free. Then not even sure you would take it. Go post in the gen four forum. I paid sticker for my three gen fours and never complained about the price.

^ This guy gets it.

The GenV is considerably better than the IV in many ways. The more you look at a V, spend time with it, drive it, you start realizing where all the $ goes and it's well worth it.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. You are a trip. Do you know what I paid for my car? No. Have you seen any TAs discounted more than say 5K or so? No. I really think you need to go elsewhere and post. You clearly have an anti SRT, anti Gen V Viper agenda and everyone reading your posts can see it.

What is your motivation? I am getting a bit suspicious about it. Since you keep mentioning the upcoming Z07 Corvette, are you bad mouthing the Gen V to keep people from buying it so there are more dollars available to purchase Chevy's product?

I understand what you mean. But I think I would shoot myself if I found out that I could have bought the same $145k GTS a year later for $99k new.[/QUOTE LOL Bob is whistling by the graveyard and will say ANYTHING not to REALIZE how much his GEN 5 will be devalued (from what he paid for it )when this coupon hits

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There sure is a lot of conjecture here, as well as assuming what others think, which is never a winning argument. I bought an 08, at full sticker, they were soon a lot cheaper, so what? I love it, and don't regret a thing, you think I would have waited a year to save that 20k? Heck no! T/As are literally flying off the shelf, at great margins.

If I were in the position to do a Gen 5 on day 1, I would have, and never complained about the next guy getting it 40k cheaper, that's the deal with getting a car first. Now I'm in a position where I'd have to sell a viper to get a new one (no garage space), and I simply don't sell vipers, so I'm building a new house, with tons of garage space, if there's a Gen 5 available, I'll happily pay whatever price it is.

Bottom line, on a Viper forum, I don't understand why people beat up people who buy (or sell) vipers, if you don't want one, great, but quit telling us our baby is ugly, you've made your point, multiple times...

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the guy who buys something and the next day finds it was cheaper some where else. I am happy anyway if I feel the item I got is what I wanted, thats worth it to me. I wish I was in the position to buy a Gen 5, the deals are great, the good thing is being in the Viper club I will at least get to see one up close.:usa:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper pricing is like most things. Different every day.

The only way to buy a Viper is to pay it's going price on that specific day.

Some have better bargaining skills than others, or are willing to settle for one that is not their first choice, in order to score a bargain.

Before they are in dealerships they are one price. People want the first one, and have anxiety about waiting. Kind of Jonesing for being the first to be able to get one.

When they get into dealerships, they have another price, as the marketplace begins to work. Some dealerships charger over sticker, some at sticker and some under sticker. Just depends on the beliefs and motivations of the dealership. Many many cars will bring over sticker due to supply constraints. If you want one NOW you will pay more. If you want to wait, you may get a better price, or in the case of a hot issue, you may be able to get nothing at all.

When there are bunches of cars available, and not many buyers, again, that is a different price. You can play one dealership off another to get a better price. In the case of Vipers, the factory made many identically equipped editions such as Launch or Track Pack models. Since all the dealerships had the same showroom stock, people could shop around. The buyer got in more control of the pricing than the dealerships.

Later, SRT began to turn out more options, and every dealership had only a one, or a few cars, each with different equipment. Those dealerships that got the popular items right, could demand premium prices. Those dealership that maybe ordered too many options needed to discount them a bit.

Now there are some unsold 2013's still on dealers lots. These tie up money and incure holding costs. Obviously they will be more willing to deal on these models. The T/A have turned out to be a very desirable package, and these will command a premium price for those lucky enough to score one.

When Convertibles or ACR's get released they may also command premium pricing, as they will be limited at first, with pent up demand. With SRT controlling production volumes, prices may come back into line with suggested retail pricing.

So every day, for every car, there is a different price. Some gloat about getting a better deal than others, and some are just happy to be the first guy on the block to be able to own their dream car.

Nobody should care a bit about what someone else paid. It's their money and in this country, people are still entitled to spend their own money in any way the please.

It reminds me on an old quote about a guy that came into a bunch of money. When others asked how he spent the money, he replied "I spent some on Women, Whiskey, fast cars, cigars and gambling...the rest of it, I wasted.

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There sure is a lot of conjecture here, as well as assuming what others think, which is never a winning argument. I bought an 08, at full sticker, they were soon a lot cheaper, so what? I love it, and don't regret a thing, you think I would have waited a year to save that 20k? Heck no! T/As are literally flying off the shelf, at great margins.

If I were in the position to do a Gen 5 on day 1, I would have, and never complained about the next guy getting it 40k cheaper, that's the deal with getting a car first. Now I'm in a position where I'd have to sell a viper to get a new one (no garage space), and I simply don't sell vipers, so I'm building a new house, with tons of garage space, if there's a Gen 5 available, I'll happily pay whatever price it is.

Bottom line, on a Viper forum, I don't understand why people beat up people who buy (or sell) vipers, if you don't want one, great, but quit telling us our baby is ugly, you've made your point, multiple times...
I've paid more in taxes on my Gen V than I've "lost" in what I paid the dealer and what it is worth now. Which do you think upsets me?

I don't understand the guys that have to come here and gloat they didn't buy one.

Hey, I didn't buy a MP4-12C and lose $120,000 in a year - but I don't go to McLaren Life and tell all those guys what idiots they are.

1BADGTS has some odd chip on his shoulder. No one cares who raced his car 16 years ago.

His "insider" what terribly wrong about this magical rebate, perhaps he should take note he knows nothing. But instead we'll get berated with stream of conscious nonsense.

The ONLY disappointing thing about the Gen V prices is, I would upgrade to a '15 from my '13, but I am not going to take a bath twice on the car. I am satisfied with my 5, but not worth the juice twice!

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad gts.
Really i gouess the 4 i have owned have nothing to do with it I guess the 50 or so Vipers i have facilitated the sale of since 1994 have nothing to do with it .I guess facilitating the road test of NUMERIOUS Viper with MCmullen Argus Pub have nothing to do with it I guess being a VCA NJ Sponcer had nothing to do with it If you d want to complainon about the price thats your business (i have the right to my opinion and i will bet anything ANY AND ALL POTENTIAL FUTURE BUYERS of a Gen 5 want to know all about a potential rebate ect I only have 20 PM regarding info on this topic from potential buyers who apparently for some reason actually care about what they may pay

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've paid more in taxes on my Gen V than I've "lost" in what I paid the dealer and what it is worth now. Which do you think upsets me?

I don't understand the guys that have to come here and gloat they didn't buy one.

Hey, I didn't buy a MP4-12C and lose $120,000 in a year - but I don't go to McLaren Life and tell all those guys what idiots they are.

1BADGTS has some odd chip on his shoulder. No one cares who raced his car 16 years ago.

His "insider" what terribly wrong about this magical rebate, perhaps he should take note he knows nothing. But instead we'll get berated with stream of conscious nonsense.

The ONLY disappointing thing about the Gen V prices is, I would upgrade to a '15 from my '13, but I am not going to take a bath twice on the car. I am satisfied with my 5, but not worth the juice twice!
IF you didnt care about losing money YOU WOULD NOT BE OFFERING A REBUTTAL .Your insulting everyone because the thing you want is to kill your resale value with a coupon . re doing the The way the prices are going 40k soon the dealers will be letting them go at a coupon price