Relay for Life - VCA IL Charity Involvement

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve received a huge response to the Viper Club charity event “****** Dam – Relay for Life”. From the single email we sent to members a few weeks ago, we’re reaching our limit of cars! We were expecting just a few people to make the journey and participate, we’re now reaching capacity! We have room for about 20-25 Vipers, a few spots are left for those who haven’t let us know they’ll be coming. If you’re interested, please reply ASAP. See the bottom of this email for the simple things we need. This whole event is free of charge.

Here’s the plan:
Given the large number of Vipers going, we’re going to coordinate a cruise (for those traveling from IL). This should make the trip easier for everyone and more enjoyable. We’ll have one stop along the way to break for refreshments, gasoline, and bathroom. Those joining us from WI can go directly to the meeting place.

We’ll be needed at the event near the 3:00pm hour. We plan our arrival at Rick Reed Dodge around 1:00pm. There we will have a place to clean up our cars if we choose (wash bay will be available – bring any special detail products if you’d like) and we’ll also grab lunch. We will be led to the event location shortly before we’re needed. Once we arrive, ****** Dam police will organize a parade lap through the charity ride route so we become familiar with the path we’ll be driving. The Viper Club will be providing charity rides to those who pay for the privelage. It’s not mandatory that you participate. We’ll use the Vipers who choose to participate and it’ll be based on the demand of the crowd. Rides will last around 10 minutes and the route will also be marked by Viper Club of Illinois road markers along the way. During the event, Vipers will have a parking area defined. We are free to peruse the event area, concessions are available there as well. There will be a brief break at 6:00pm for the “Survivor Walk”. Bring a folding chair if you’d like. We encourage everyone to have a cell phone on hand for coordination and convenience. Viper apparel is encouraged.

In closing:
The day should come to an end near 8:00pm. T-shirts will be offered by the event coordinators to all Viper Club participants. The local paper will be present, we’ve already been interviewed about the clubs involvement. A donation has been made to the American Cancer Society – “Relay for Life” on behalf of the IL Viper Club of America. We’re going to have a great time and for a good cause!

If you’re interested, please contact us ASAP, we’re going to continue accepting a few additional cars for another day or so. We only need a few simple things from you right now:

• Shirt size of attendees
  • Your legal name (for the waiver that will be signed)
  • Cell phone number (that you’ll have the day of the event).

Simply email me with the three things above and we’ll sign you up! [email protected].

Thanks everyone!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be fun, am looking forward to this. Hopefully it will not rain, supposed to tonight and end tomorrow morning. If it is raining, I will bring my Yugo!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

And I just want ot thank everyone else who came out for the Relay for Life. We had 19 Vipers (and 2 non-vipers) make the drive.Some folks drive over 3 hours to come there. We made front page news in the local paper, and we were even on the radio. The town was truly thankful and we were asked back next year. We got many compliments about how the members of the club truly loved what they did, and enjoyed helping others. We charged $20/ride and we gave over 60 rides! Not bad for an evenings work! Thanks everyone, it was fun!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great time was had by all! Thanx for putting this event on Alex and to Mark for all the hard work he did as well. It was good seeing some old friends and meeting new ones as well. It was a class event with classy people and I personally didn't want the day to end but there is always next year.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great event and im sure ill be back next year! I put just about 4K miles on the viper last year and i think i'm going to far surpass that this year :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187