REVEALED: What Chuck Tator did after the BBQ.....

Sonny S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He fixed my Viper.
What a story. An hour before Chuck's BBQ, I noticed oil leaking from underneath my car. I'm 500 miles from home, in a parking lot in Danbury Connecticut. I top off the oil - it's only down 2 qts. I head to South Salem, checking the level every 2 - 3 miles.

The first thing Chuck & Robert say when I pulled in was "We'll help you. Period." There's hundreds of people hanging around. Everyone wants Chuck's attention. Chaos. I'm getting cancer from worrying. Suddenly, Nadine and the Brits and lots of you great dudes from the NY and other clubs are offering help.
Cut to the chase:
After everyone split, Chuck and Robert pull it in to the garage (while my Viper is ******* oil all over the place) and start fixing it. I'm freaking. Chuck's Mom is holding my hand. The Brits are offering me alcohol, my girlfriend's calm....
Here's a photo of the boyz workin'. Is that a faint golden glow over the heads of the dynamic duo??
You must be registered for see images

Needless to say, they fixed the leak. But before I could drive it, Chuck said that he had to torque Rob's nuts with the Big wrench. Looked something like this:

And of course, Chuck pulled out all those silly extra wires they add to Canadian spec cars. Who needs them anyway?

Chuck, sorry I took so long to thank you on this board. just got the photos back this week.
You and Rob are too cool. I got home without losing a drop. (Of oil that is.)

To everyone in the New York club: We love you, eh.

Nadine, Steve, Tony R and crew - thank you too.

Love from the great white north.

OP
OP
S

Sonny S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 2 cheap braided stainless steel lines to the oil cooler were rubbing, and one frayed. It pierced the other. Everyone should check and maybe upgrade these lines. This problem is happening a lot on Gen ll cars.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ha! ha! I love it!

I will be at the next wizard's BBQ next year! Count on it and have plenty of beer and euro women there too!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck and Rob are genuine great guys and mechanics. they will bend over backwards for you if they had to. that bending over part didnt sound too good coming from a Greek but i know you all know what im talking about. Awesome combo those two...starsky and hutch..

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sonny, Caroline and Veronica. You don't say your were worried...

370worriedsonny.jpg

Good to hear you made it back just fine all those miles. The Wizard and Rob are too cool, and too funny when Chuck pulled that loom from your Viper :eek: :shocked: , the look on your face!

See you at VOI, can't wait. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Sonny S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to GTSnake, Jeff, Tie Pilot, Ab and Dimitrios for responding and seconding my praise for Tator & crew. Nadine, I think you're still probably cleaning that oil off. Your help will always be remembered and appreciated. That worried picture of me you posted above is being circulated around our Ontario Viper Club - they're glad to see I take this car seriously. To St. Chuck and St. Rob, god bless.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny, Thank you for this post!! And I'm glad that we could get your Veronica back up and running without to much trouble!

I wasn't trying to torque Rob's nuts, I was trying to tighten the nut that was loose behind the wheel. :D And for those extra wires, just think how much faster your now going because of the weight savings! :rolleyes:

Sonny you are VERY Welome, anytime!!
And that goes for anyone else that has a problem with their Viper! I have snake venom in my blood stream and that extra "joke gene" in my matrix.

EH

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with the car being able to be plugged into one of those power poles so the car's oil can stay warm during wintertime?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just one stupid question... What are these wires for??? :?

The wires were from a Viper "Dash Wiring". Not Sonny's Viper, I was just having fun with him! When he wasn't looking I laid the wires on his motor and Rob held one end and then I started pulling them out and talking loudly "Got to get all this stuff out of the way, so we can fix Sonny's car". :laugh: You should have seen the look on his face. :eek: Sonny I couldn't help myself, realy! ;)

OP
OP
S

Sonny S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The look on my face was similar to the one in Nadine's photo posted above. Chuck got me - Three thoughts flashed through my mind as Chuck and Rob pulled that alien looking wiring harness out:
1) OK no problem, Tator knows what he's doing
2) It's a joke - but if it's a joke- why are all the wires gone from the engine bay (they weren't , it was just the power of suggestion)
3) My Viper is so screwed up, I'm gonna have to live in South Salem for a month!

If anyone hasn't had the pleasure of Chuck Tator & crew working on their Viper, it's worth it, even if you drive miles out of your way just to check your tire pressure. The fact that they fixed my oil leak on the day of the BBQ, when Chuck and Rob had a million other things to do - not to mention they deserved some time off to relax - just shows the kind of care you can expect. Tator's Dodge is one of a kind. I can't wait to get by for a visit again. I need more Tator in my life.

PS: Send my love to your Mom and Dad, Chuck.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Good Stuff all around, "Hey Chuck can you adjust my clock radio time with that wrench for me on my next visit ? "

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Stuff all around, "Hey Chuck can you adjust my clock radio time with that wrench for me on my next visit ? "

That wrench is only used for "synchronizing" the Throttle Bodies! The wrench I use to adjust the time on the Radios is at least a foot longer! If that does not do it, then the ten pound hammer comes out! :eek:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chuckie, just do a 2900 mile test drive, so you won't have to change the oil again. That way he can have for 100 miles, before he brings it back in for the lube job.