Rides for Sick Kids - Saturday 8/26 NY/CT/NJ

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rides for Sick Kids THIS SATURDAY @ LOBC

Pick this up on the Ferrari Forum and we are welcome to participate:

Ladies & Gents,

Apologies for the last-minute notice, but I've been organizing a pretty special event over the past few weeks, and I'd like to invite some f-chatters to attend.

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of being introduced to a family whose child is currently undergoing aggressive chemotherapy in NYC, and who is currently living at the Ronald McDonald House on the Upper East Side (RMH, in case you haven't heard of them, is basically a 'home away from home' for kids around the world who are getting treatment here in NYC for various severe illnesses).

This kid, Dylan, told a mutual friend that his dream was to get a ride in.....a red Ferrari convertible. One phone call later and I was at their doorstep, and we had a terrific afternoon cruising through Times Square in the 360 Spider.

Obviously some other parents saw this and asked for the same for their kids...so a few weeks later we took the 360 Coupe & Spider back to RMH and gave two more kids "dream rides". Sure enough, more and more kids & parents appeared and asked for rides, and the idea was born to rally some support from exotic car owners in the tri-state area and "make a day of it."

So that's what we're doing this Saturday, November 26th.

We've arranged for a private bus to pickup 30+ kids from the Ronald McDonald House and bring them out to Lamborghini Bergen County in Lodi, NJ. There, a bunch of us will meet them, show off our toys, and take these kids for quick spin that they'll remember for the rest of their lives. This way, there are no sad kids, sad parents, or anyone at all to feel left out.

This is where you guys come in -- if you are around Saturday morning and can spare an hour or two to make a sick kid's dream come true, them please come by!

(Also, please don't be offended, but we're ideally aiming for folks with modern exotics -- 360s, CSs, 430s, Murcies, Gallardos, etc. You all know how kids are, and they want the latest and greatest.)

LoBC will be providing a fully catered breakfast, so please RSVP here so we know to expect you.

==================================
Ronald McDonald House "Dream Rides for Kids"

Saturday November 26, 2005 - 10am - 1pm

Lamborghini of Bergen County
340 Essex Street
Lodi, NJ 07644

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlie lets start the list: So far we have:

1) Adam

2) Tony

3) Charlie

continue on and lets make meeting spot as usual at Scotts

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunarely guys my cars not done so Im f#$%^%..I cant make it..THIS *****! I wanted so bad to take these kids out for the ride of their lives..Sorry guys..

adam

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys just got in and this sounds awsome I do have the bush car that I can bring there if you would like I'd love to go and the car is already in the trailer ready to go or just the viper let me know this sounds great Just let me know where to go and who could I follow and yes I can bring both cars

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen this is the deal.Everyone meet at 34st and 1st ave.This way no one will get lost.Lets make this sht happen i'm itching for a blast.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can meet us directly at the dealership if you would like. I would say use Yahoo for directions. It is pretty simple. NJ Turnpike to Route 80 to Route 17.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back. VERY humbling experience. These kids were GREAT! Lot's of fun, but it was painful for a parent to see what these wonderful kids (and their greatful parents) have been and continue to go through. Count your blessings, everyone. Posting pics below.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang