Right door lock actuator not working

1stSgt Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up my 2005 Viper a couple of months ago and then had to leave for 7 weeks. I noticed that the right door lock will not unlock with the remote or the inside switches. The only way the right door will open is if you use the inside handle to open the door. My buddy who is the manager of the store I bought at said bring it in next week and he will get it taken care of, but is there a quick fix to this that anyone knows of to save me the trip?

Also, stupid question....how do you get into the car if your remote battery goes dead? Is there a secret manual way to unlock them?

Thanks!

OP
OP

1stSgt Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I found the key hole under the driver side door ledge, but when I put the key in....it will not turn left or right.

OP
OP

1stSgt Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to use the remote and hold down the lock and unlock buttons for 10 seconds....that didn't do anything. I then held the unlock button down for 10 seconds, and now everything works perfect except the manual door unlock. I slide the key in and it does nothing. Is it supposed to turn? I also just tried putting the key in and opening the door and it stays locked.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to use the remote and hold down the lock and unlock buttons for 10 seconds....that didn't do anything. I then held the unlock button down for 10 seconds, and now everything works perfect except the manual door unlock. I slide the key in and it does nothing. Is it supposed to turn? I also just tried putting the key in and opening the door and it stays locked.

Any suggestions?
Use plenty of muscle to turn it:2tu:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pete, man I don't want to be naive.....so for real?
For real as others said. A bit of superlubricant and exercising the lock regularly helps. When I tried mine, I thought I was going to break the lock or the key. Freezing temp makes things even worse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery