Roe Exhaust without cats

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a 94 RT
I just wanted to hear everyone's input on the matter, and I used the search function lol, but I still would like to hear some feedback.

My 2 Obvious primary reasons for this are of course:

a)The Unbearable heat on the sills and the Cabin, I mean it's especially bad during the hot humid days, where it gets so hot that I sweat from my back down to my buttcrack

b) The embarassment I go through everytime someone walks up and asks to hear what the car sounds like

I spoke with Chuck Tator and Jon B, who were both extremely helpful (thank you guys), but they both said it I would be getting a free flamethrower should I choose to go catless. They also noted the car would be so loud to a point that I would need earplugs, and said it would smell REALLY BAD. I mean I realize it will be louder, and I realize it will smell, but is it really THAT bad ?

I'd like to hear some feedback from some of you = )

Thanks a lot guys!

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a 94 and I cut the cats out after a year and it was the best thing I did. Was it uncomfortably loud, no but I’m half deaf anyway. It did make more power, was wayyyyy cooler to ride in and did not broil my feet anymore and yes it did stink if the wind was blowing wrong. I never had any flames but then I still had the stock mufflers on it and if I had kept the car I would have changed them.

So, drop the cats and try it. If you don’t like it then buy some Hi Flow cats and stick in them in there.

Tim

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a 94 and I cut the cats out after a year and it was the best thing I did. Was it uncomfortably loud, no but I’m half deaf anyway. It did make more power, was wayyyyy cooler to ride in and did not broil my feet anymore and yes it did stink if the wind was blowing wrong. I never had any flames but then I still had the stock mufflers on it and if I had kept the car I would have changed them.

So, drop the cats and try it. If you don’t like it then buy some Hi Flow cats and stick in them in there.

Tim

That's what I'm thinking, so the heat difference between high flow cats vs no cats at all is that big huh ?

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will stink something fierce. I've got the ROE exhaust with their high flow cats. In the garage with the car idling, my clothes will collect a bunch of smell.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exhaust is nature's cologne :D

It's a trade-off; if you want a loud, stinky, "manly" car, then catless will get you there. Throw on headers and your ears will hate you for it at 1200 RPMs. Pull up to a stop light and blip the throttle and you'll scare women and children (because a.) the sound and b.) you'll probably set them on fire).

High flow mufflers, stock exhaust manifolds and no cats was aggressive enough for me without hurting my ears. The cam and headers woke it up even more, but my ears take a beating on any drive over 20 minutes.

The exhaust smell is noticeable but not overbearing. Probably wouldn't want to drive the car to a fancy dinner though.

If you look up "jasontiff" on YouTube I have 3 versions of my exhaust; stock, cat delete/Magnaflows, then all of the above with TNT headers.

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must have issues, I have a B&B exhaust without Cats and the car is loud but not that loud. also, my car doesn't smell at all. :dunno:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my rear exit exhaust on my GTS is LOUD, pretty much obnoxious to be honest. it makes your clothes stink of exhaust when you get out of the car. it scares a lot of people.

but it sounds GREAT and i wouldnt change it.

gen1 with side exit exhaust would be worse in my opinion.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exhaust is nature's cologne :D

It's a trade-off; if you want a loud, stinky, "manly" car, then catless will get you there. Throw on headers and your ears will hate you for it at 1200 RPMs. Pull up to a stop light and blip the throttle and you'll scare women and children (because a.) the sound and b.) you'll probably set them on fire).

:lmao:u r funny! can I get a picture of that?

Lexciting

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Roe Racing w/high flow cats exhaust on my 94 and the sides are now way cooler (can be touched without burn). The car is a little louder but sounds better IMO. At idle, you now have 2 free left blowers!

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe exhaust, and I series in some inexpensive glasspack mufflers in front of the Roe mufflers. Its not that loud crusing, but when you hit the gas, its like someone opened the electric cutouts and all hell breaks loose. Wouldn't change a thing!

Here is the car at idle.

[media]http://img531.imageshack.us/img531/4072/1007197hv2.flv[/media]

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 94 with roe system withhigh flos. sills way cooler sounds much better than my stock. never noticed oder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang