Roe High Flow Catalytic Converters or Random Technology

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to know if any one has experienced any issues with Roe or Random Tec. High Flow Catalytic Converters. Roe offers a flex joint that says it eliminates stress torque on the catalytic converter segment of the exhaust and that makes sense.
Random Technology has the rigid pipe with out the flexible piece, so is the Flex portion really need? My question is has anyone had the Random Technology units crack or replaced? I only want to work on the exhaust one time so I want to purchase the correct equipment the 1st time. Jeff in NM…OUT

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe cats on my car and have not had any problems. They were very easy to install. But, to answer your question, I really don't think the flex pipe does a lot unless your putting down some major HP to the wheels. Look at the Belanger system. They use rigid cats without the hangers just like the new Random Tech cats do. You are correct that in the past there were some cracking/breaking with R/T cats and it was because of the hanger on some high HP cars. They have removed it and now I've not heard of any problems with the new ones.

It them comes down to price. The Roe cats do cost more than a set of R/T.

JonB for Random Tech

Sean Roe for..well Roe

My $.02 anyway.

OP
OP
A

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for providing your view points, it is appreciated. I have no plans to add any big HP numbers to the car. I just want to eliminate the cabin heat, improve the cars sound and “Do it right the 1st time.” Age (45) has taught me one very valuable lesson, you only have one chance to do it right the 1st time!! (Don’t cut corners) If I were too pick up 10 – 20 HP when I add this equipment then that’s an added bonus. The summer days here in New Mexico and the heat of the Vipers cabin are uncomfortable some days, I really enjoy driving the car and I feel this will add to the experience.
I hope more owners/enthusiasts add to the thread, I plan to order parts next week. Thanks again Jeff in NM…OUT

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered the RT cats to join up with my Corsa exhaust on the 09. Install scheduled for next week. PartsRack has a good price on them. Will let you know how it goes.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Both my cars have RT
Both have done over 30K miles with these. No problem

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT HF Cats with Corsa exhaust. Helped big time with the cabin heat. Have no problems at all. I absolutely love the sound. Either one you cant go wrong.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on Roe Cats and Corsa. Just having a hard time parting with my $$$ right now. Especially since all it does is rain around here anymore...:(

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the B&B exhaust with the Rowe cats. No problems, a little more HP but man did it reduce cabin heat by a ton.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on Roe Cats and Corsa. Just having a hard time parting with my $$$ right now. Especially since all it does is rain around here anymore...:(

Mike - Just do the Roe HF Cats with the stock exhaust as Mr. Tator recommended to me. On an 08 or 09, you're paying lots of cash for little return with the Corsa. You'll love it!!! :2tu:

If you're going to Carlisle this year, you can hear my car with just the Roe HFs.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - Just do the Roe HF Cats with the stock exhaust as Mr. Tator recommended to me. On an 08 or 09, you're paying lots of cash for little return with the Corsa. You'll love it!!! :2tu:

If you're going to Carlisle this year, you can hear my car with just the Roe HFs.
That's a thought too - haven't made any decisions as of yet, but I know I like the way the polished tip looks.

Also had a Corsa on my '06 (otherwise stock exhaust) and really liked the sound.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the RT cats and catback have had no problems like the sound not nearly as much drone on the highway,but there has been no reduction in heat as I have checked before and after.I Like them but wish they were cooler

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT's & Corsa (from JonB) here on my Supercharged 03. No issues with either. Though after hearing the deeper rumble of Borla on another SRT-10, it's peaking my interest, purely from a sound standpoint.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive had them both with Roe currently on there without the flex piece no issues. Had the RT on for 6k miles and no issues.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No fan of the G3 RT cats here... you may get lucky and not break hangers, but every time that engine twists you get exhaust leaks, if you dont have one all the time to begin with. Take it from someone who builds base fuel maps for these cars, they can screw up your trims quite a bit, even though they are after the upstream O2's...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan, et al..... we stopped using SRT10 isolator brackets YEARS AGO. It was my design mistake for 1.3 years, and we have warranteed 6 claims to date....we even warranteed ONE guy who was a second-hand owner. So please, lets be up-to-date on design changes!

When we did the re-design, we went to school on Belanger's syetem, who uses NO FLEX (restrictive!) and NO Brackets. So, we maintain the highest flow, the lowest price, and a name-brand-made-in-USA 5-year warranteed cat. RT cats are favored by CORSA (ask them) and publish their flow rates. [ I could call it the "JonB Cat" but I prefer to give you the true manufaturing name, performance data, and reputation to back it up in writing.]

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan, et al..... we stopped using SRT10 isolator brackets YEARS AGO. It was my design mistake for 1.3 years, and we have warranteed 6 claims to date....we even warranteed ONE guy who was a second-hand owner. So please, lets be up-to-date on design changes!

Jon, the cars I am referring to DID NOT use isolator brackets, though I still see plenty who do anyway. Regardless of that fact, the inability of the system to flex, whether it be from tortional movement or expansion of the piping when hot, causes the v-bands to leak. They have created many headaches for me over the years, in one form or another.

All I am saying is that there is a reason that exhausts use flex-piping, slip-fitting, or alternate designs. If RT wants to impress anyone, tell them to get off their A$$ES and make them the way they should be.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....All I am saying is that there is a reason that exhausts use flex-piping, slip-fitting, or alternate designs. If RT wants to impress anyone, tell them to get off their A$$ES and make them the way they should be.

That problem got ELIMINATED. FIXED, REVISED, Running-Design-Changed, DONE.
OE V-bands get more twist with brackets + flex than they get with .... NEITHER.

We can easily add flex for more $$, [and less flow,] but Belanger has long-proven we dont need it. If a customer WANTS a flex, we can sure add it !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456