Roe Power Steering Pulley Question

OP
OP
SA HEAT

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is one millimeter it will merely just wear the belt slightly imo (which isnt good obviously). I would guess that each rib is around 1/32 of an inch or so ( i havent measured maybe some one here has ) and that if the run out on the pulley is more the half that distance out (so half the width of a rib on the belt) it will cause some pre mature wear and belt slip issues. If it is under half a rib of run out it will cause no issue and all is well.

That is my .02

Regards

I spoke with Sean Roe (great guy by the way) who said he believes I had a pulley that was most likely stamped incorrectly from the factory. Out of the hundreds he's sold he said this is probably the third one with the same problem description. He agreed to exchange it for a new one and it's on the way to Roe by US Mail as I type this, so hopefully the new one won't take too long to get here and I'll get the car up and running again by early next week.

OP
OP
SA HEAT

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update...sent the pulley back to Roe last week. When they received it, they put it on a makeshift pump shaft they made and confirmed the runout. They "tweaked" it and got it within .005 inch of perfect. I received it in the mail today and put it back on the pump and it looks perfect....no more wobble. Thanks to Sean and Co. for taking care of this so quickly. :usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean is definitely "the man" for after sales customer service. He sent me tunes and then upgraded my Vec and rewrote my tunes again with advice on how ti adjsut the tuning. Awesome.

Ted