Roe s/c: 5psi w/ported heads vs 7 psi w/unported heads

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The missing ingredient for adding boost to a CP Viper will be the intercooler Sean is building. Based on it's efficiency, it should be the key to unlocking lost HP due to the thermal effects. I would strongly urge you not to increase the boost of a CP Viper without this modification. A good set of proven cylinder heads and a suitable camshaft along with a ported lower manifold should prove to be beneficial as well.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[ Tony, same question to you... A few weeks ago you posted about ported heads. When I mentioned 60hp heads were $4000 from MI's Jeff Morys, you said you could just dial up the boost (smaller pulley I guess) to get 60hp. At the time I thought, "Why is he posting for ported head info then, if he's countering that he can get it from more boost?" Were you expecting more of a hp gain from ported heads?Cheers :)

Haha, I was poking fun a the $4000 price.......BUT, what I said on that thread was Quote: "I can get 60hp by changing jets that I already have."
Meaning nitrous jets. Nothing was said about changing pulleys. However, I am soon to bump the boost up with stock heads. Any Viper should have it's heads worked at some point in the normal course of hp upgrades.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=401933&Forum=All_Forums&Words=2837&Match=Username&Searchpage=5&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=401933&Search=true#Post401933

Oops, my bad. It's all coming back to me now..