Roe S/C with 3.54 gears?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking the plunge, Tators Dodge is installing a Roe S/C in Oct. on my 96 GTS. I have seen nothing but good things on this unit...Need more power to take care of those pesky 911 turbos and lambos. Am I better off going back to the 3.07 rear end? I am putting on 4 new tires as well, which tires will hook me up the best? Sounds like the blower will make me crap your pants...I cant wait. I"ll wear a depends 1st time out...

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
E-mail or IM Shelby3 since he just got his 800 rwhp supercharged car with 3:73 back and should have some good feedback about supercharged power and short gears.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's not the popular opinion, but I haven't seen any downside to the 3.73 gears, even around town. On the highway, they are a big improvement in 4th and 5th gear. I would leave the gears in if you have them now and see what you think of them. At this point, I will likely keep the 3.73's on the car. And no, you won't crap your pants. :D :usa:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point, I will likely keep the 3.73's on the car. And no, you won't crap your pants. :D :usa:
Say it isn't so! :( I was hoping you would hate the 3:73s and want to swap. Well have fun with that monster.

I can't see why folks say short gears are for sure bad on a big hp car. I mean after all, you and your right foot are your traction control.

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, It doesnt seem to effect your quarter mile times, do you think you could do better with 3.07s without the shift into 5th? Were you using nitrous as well? what other mods do you have to get into the 9s...you must really know how to drive the sh*t out of that car!!! P.S. I will be using my car for street use only...Sounds like 3.55 will be the ticket for my application. Can you use 6th gear to reach 200 mph on the top end? Thanks, Prowler...

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you use 6th gear to reach 200 mph on the top end? Thanks, Prowler...

I retract my previous statement, you may actually crap your pants. :shocked: :usa:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 3:55's in my DLM 840 rwhp car and it seemed great. It ran 10.3's right out of the box (1st time to track) on DR's, although I did have to shift to 5th. On the street, they were great.

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've always felt that 3.31's were great for high hp cars. In fact, contemplating puting them in my latest car. Great on the street...helps with 5th/6th usage, but, does allow you to stay in 4th in 1/4. Still good for mid 9's at 150+ if you're on slicks. You should be able to pull 190mph in 5th too, maybe more if you run a tall wheel/tire.
read this for fun... http://www.viperclub.org/faq/techgears.html

Tom Krutulis