Roe VS Paxton

OP
OP
R

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Simms, how ya been? Havent caught you around since Bradenton. 2manytoys, I would love to do a underground kit similar to their gen 2 package. The standard kit is 15k if you have a forged motor, They said it would be a min of 4k to have forged pistons, but if you are going to tear apart the engine why stop there? Before I would know it we would be at 25-30k. (Heads, cam, etc.) In 95 I got a camaro, installed a vortech and have been chasing hp since. Every set up has become "boring" (you know what I mean) after a short time. I know johnybravo is very happy with his new ugr build and the paxton lends its self to much higher potential. Another issue is that I would track my car 2 or maybe three times a year. According to Roe's website even without an intercooler inlet temps are fine for this. Anyone disagree?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Paxton is between 580 and 620 RWTQ (ft lb) from 3000 rpm and up. I do not know how quickly it builds as 3000 has been the starting point for dyno runs. But weak on the bottom end it is not!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course the GenIII guys love the paxton setup's, its, well was the only option available. I am just glad that there is now, well soon to be another option. Let the wars begin ;)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And all of this speculation about the Roe having just the low end torque, but not the high end. Keep in mind that was the "old" setup. Besides the fact that he was working on the hood clearance issues, do you think that was the only thing he was working on with the new Roe? I know for a fact according to older posts that other things have been upgraded. this thing is going to be a beast.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about we stop comparing apples to INVISIBLE oranges!! Until there is real world number and times... people need to keep there mouths shut! I am tired of hearing how one beats the other. I have tuned and raced a Roe car and have 2 buddies with TUNED Paxtons. Its gonna be at least a year before these are out, tuned, and proven.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for 600-700rwhp and are on a budget, I think it is a toss up between the two. May even be more of a personal taste of how you like your power and torque to hit. Although I have never owned a Paxton setup, I have been in Paxton cars many times. The Roe definitely has that low end kick in the pants right off the bottom, but I will also say that the Paxton setup does well in the low rpm range as well. Two different feels, but I like both. If you can wait, try to get some seat time in both before you buy is my best advice. Many Gen3 guys are loving their Paxton setup, hang tight and see how the Roe guys feel, but I am sure Sean will keep them happy.

If you are going to want further power down the road, the Paxton route is the only way to go (minus TT). Just be prepared to upgrade the internals if you want to push the paxton past it's basic kit. You can't even compare the bolt on Roe to a Tuner Paxton setup.

Well said Simms. I agree.:2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc