Roll Bars

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those guys who have one, how much did it cost and the source? I like the BTR design with the removable side beam. Please post pics if you have any.

Thanks

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few pics of my BTR Bar

10395IM000600.JPG

10395IM000597.JPG

10395IM000596.JPG

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mntngts99,
When you install this rollbar, does it reduce the back travel of the seat ?

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My BTR bar did not restrict the back travel of the seat any. It did keep the seats from reclining to the very last position, but I don't drive with the seat leaning all the way back anyway.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ERDOC
I spent two days on the installation working on it off and on. As for cutting and drilling ....... The upright bars bolt right to the bulkhead and three 5/8' holes need to be drill thru the floor on each side for the lower mounts. I used a hydraulic jack to spread the upright bars so that all of the bolts lined up with the bulkhead . You will need to cut the rear console panel to fit the upright bars or get and aftermarket one. The floor mount bracket is the most technical, if not lined up right the side bar hangs and sticks. I used some washers as shims to fine tune the angle and degree of this bracket. I think me least favorite part of the installation was pulling back the carpet in the areas that had mounting points. I have seen other bars installed right over the carpet so I guess that would be a personal call.

Seat travel and visibility are not affected

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How much does the BTR run and where can you get one? Anybody else with pis??? Please!

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I struggled over and over with my BTR rollbar in my ACR last year. I eventually had to send it back to Tom for refund. After I sent it back, he came out with a modified version that was supposed to fit better and more importantly, allow the emergency door release latches to operate. I almost got locked inside my car when the battery went dead and I had the bar in place with the doors closed! I haven't seen any installs with the new bar yet, so I am still waiting for my refund...

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the BTR install to be an easy one.

Of course, I had that part of the car apart before when I put in the Team Techs so I was familiar with how those interior pieces all went together.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dutchman.....can you still put on the soft top with the Autoform rollbar installed? Could you post pics or email me pics of the autoform installed on your car? It looks as if installation is pretty easy. I was told that some sanctioning bodies won't allow bolt-in rollbars and that they must be welded in. Anyone have experience with this or have the NHRA rules handy.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Autoform RT/10 bar. I love the bar and even love the camera mount that can latch on to the bar. the only thing I didn't like is that the fiberglass piece that is provided as a replacement for the center console is a little shoddy. granted they have _supposidly_ changed that a little, but it only took me about 3 hrs to put the bar in my RT.

No seat-travel issues w/ the seats. all seats go back full.

No issues with door release (though they are a little tight).

It will fit w/ a soft top although I only used it once to check to see that it fit.

visibility is affected by the X bar a little.

a view of the car from the outside w/ the bar in: I think it looks pretty darn cool, actually.

91viper3_small-med.jpg

Enjoy!

JD

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! Some have told me recently to stay away from the rollbar and just buy a hard top - they think the rollbar destroys the resale value and looks bad. Personally I think the rollbar looks good in the rt/10. Whattayathink?