Enthusiast
Reaction score

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does going with beehive springs help?

I just installed some HS along with new beehive springs and lighter retainers. I used 3/8" .120" wall T&D pushrods with them. I also did 70mm TBs at the same time. Definitely has more power but haven't dyno'd it yet. I'm hoping for about 30RWHP with the combo.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
02 with T&D 1.7 rockers, Belanger Headers, High flow cats, 3" Exhaust, 708 Cam, Aluminum flywheel, Tubes, Filters, and Tune. 461 RWHP on a 100 deg. day. All self installed, except tune. Also just passsed CA emissions :D

Get it over to DC Performance, and have chris tune it..

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does going with beehive springs help?

They allow a smaller / lighter retainer to be used which removes weight from the valve side of the assembly. The beehive retainer is 1/3 the weight of the stock retainer. Picture below shows a comparison of the stock spring/retainer to the beehive type. Probably doesn't add HP as much as high RPM stability of the valve train.

In_transition.jpg

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget Jesels. Maybe one step above T&D's.
I ran Arrows for several years too....sc'd, w/m, nitrous with no issues.

With T&D's, MAKE SURE the log bar is oriented correctly. It will bolt on two ways...one is correct and the other is not.

For modifying the baffle.....After doing it several ways over a few years, seeing it done other ways, I finally figured out the easiest and best way. Somewhere I had posted it up in another thread..

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget Jesels. Maybe one step above T&D's.
I ran Arrows for several years too....sc'd, w/m, nitrous with no issues.

With T&D's, MAKE SURE the log bar is oriented correctly. It will bolt on two ways...one is correct and the other is not.

For modifying the baffle.....After doing it several ways over a few years, seeing it done other ways, I finally figured out the easiest and best way. Somewhere I had posted it up in another thread..

I did a dyno before and after with the T&D's and picked up approximtely 20 hp. You will increase oil flow to the heads. I had to reroute the valve cover drains into a catch can and away from the intake connection. It becomes noticeable if you track the car. Most of the Gen II,s will show signs of oil in the intake and heads if you do not block off the vacuum connection to the valve covers.

Make sure you measure the push rods and get the correct length. Take a look at my write up in the to DIY section.