RT/10 crash on LIE

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a picture in Newsday today of an accident on the LIE.
Def a Gen 2 RT/10 upside down. Light color with dual dark stripes and stock wheels.
Anybody know them?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea I saw that yesterday during the morning drive to work. For some reason the car was still there in the morning, even though they said the crash happened during the night. They had the service road closed comletely near community drive. Hope the driver is ok.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 96 Gen 1 1/2 car like herbbone and ******** have. ******** got his car back on the road last week after a year but he has NJ plates and herbbone has PA plates. I saw both of their cars in the past two weeks but this must be another one.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checked with a few club members and Tator and none can recognize the viper. What's the status on the driver?

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a car like this in the Monroe area a couple of times but don't recall the rims and never could catch him.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't want to mention it but I heard third hand the guy was killed.
But nobody knew for sure.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found the news article on that crash...Good News..the driver is alive and well with serious injuries..for more info check : http://www.autoevolution.com/news/dodge-viper-crash-in-long-island-46800.html

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weren't these in 1996 put out by Fitzgerald and were numbered and signed by Carroll Shelby ??

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the ones I've seen came with the same white wheels this one has. I didn't think this was a special edition put out by Fitzgerald or, at least, only by them.

Here is the license plate blown up best I can....but, with my eyes, still can't make it out...maybe someone else can:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I think Fitzgerald was trying to get about $25K kicker for the detailing, and Carroll signing....they were sharp with the bright white and blue stripes, nicely done...

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the new NYS plate color, My plate same color also starts with a F would suggest its a local car.

Sashag930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man Oscar didn't survive this crash. Once they removed the car off his chest he died. Crush chest syndrome. He died on his daughter's birthday.