RT/10 Rear Spoiler

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get a rear spoiler like this? I really like it!

3vipers.jpg

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform. tell them Robert from the IL VCA with the yellow RT referred you. That way maybe I get some kind of credit when I call them for more stuff! :rolaugh:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is what you are looking for

IMG_2553.JPG

Man, I love your yellow Viper. I personally think they look more exotic/unusual without the spoiler especially from the back. Every damn car on the road nowdays has a spoiler, so one without it (especially a sports car) looks more distinct. The car also seems to look lower without it. I don't know, maybe I a wierd... :)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I love your yellow Viper. I personally think they look more exotic/unusual without the spoiler. :)

Thanks. I thinks it looks unfinished without it. To me the rearend is not agressive enough without it.

Hopefully I will have some update pictures over the weekend.:2tu:

OP
OP
D

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does the spoiler attach (says no holes in the ad) and would you happen to have a photo from the back or 3/4 rear shot?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go. As said before, brackets mount to the inside of the trunklid so no holes on the outside.

klr_snak.JPG

P1010041.JPG

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might wanna figure out how ro raise it off the quarters a little. The padding catches debris and scratches the paint on the quarters. The Mopar spoiler mounts to the lid but doesn't trap anything under it either. (looks better imo)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the autoform version from JonB last year but after test fitting it on the car I thought it was too thin and kinda' looked like an afterthought. It didn't blend in as well as I had hoped and seemed to pale in manliness compared the Mopar wing. No offense to anyone who has the Autoform please. :D It's a pretty clever design in that it attaches with brackets that slide between each side of the trunk lid seams. Hence, no holes to drill through the top of the trunk lid. The price dropped to under $600 at Partsrack for the Mopar wing, may be cheaper with a venom discount. I think the Mopar wing does a better job of blending in with the car, fills out the rear end much better and is more functional. To me, it looks like it belongs on the RT/10. Just my .035 cents.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
anyone have anymore pictures of the mopar wing? in particular a side view.

PartsRack will send photos to you, side, rear, above, (so long as your email request has a full NAME!)

We have the bare MoPar style wing in stock, and the AutoForm wing is 14-20 days depending on bare or paint option. As AutoForms largest distributor, our prices are very competitive.

PS I agree w/ Tony, the "WEDGIE" spoiler is not my favorite. Even tho less $$, we sell way more MoPar Whale Tail units...

Last edited:

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS I agree w/ Tony, the "WEDGIE" spoiler is not my favorite. Even tho less $$, we sell way more MoPar Whale Tail units...

This is what i think about that comment.
:comp1:

JK.

I think the autoform pulls in the GTS attributes more than the whale tale. The only car that should have a whate tale is a 911.:nono:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

JK.

I think the autoform pulls in the GTS attributes more than the whale tale. The only car that should have a whate tale is a 911.:nono:

People like what they like.......personal preference dictates purchases here, and the FACT is, we sell 4 Mopar style spoilers for every AF Wedgie, so "customers have spoken." It is especially interesting since the MoPar is $120 more $ and requires drilling the deck.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JK.

In fact, your avatar inspired me to get the wedgie spoiler. It just didn't do it for me when I test fitted it on my car. And most of the comments I got from my fellow Viper owners was pretty much "looks like an after thought". I think the RT/10's rear end is too big for a skinny spoiler and I really do think the what tale makes it look better. To each his own I guess.

OP
OP
D

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered a "wedgie" from Jon. I like the looks better from the front (GTSish). Not so crazy about the view from the back, but like the fact that I don't have to drill. The whale tail looks better from the back (IMO) but I don't like it from the front. When I look in my rear view mirror I'll see the front of the spoiler, better not ever see the back of my car from the driver's seat!

My 2c!

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered a "wedgie" from Jon. I like the looks better from the front (GTSish). Not so crazy about the view from the back, but like the fact that I don't have to drill. The whale tail looks better from the back (IMO) but I don't like it from the front. When I look in my rear view mirror I'll see the front of the spoiler, better not ever see the back of my car from the driver's seat!

My 2c!

I will claim that to be a win in this debate.:dance:
:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, do you offer the Mopar wing painted? If so, how much would it be painted...I already know the price primed.

Thanks very much.