RT10 hardtop market

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm ready to order one!!! :2tu:

Should be fairly soon Texas1.. I'm sure you all want it for 50 bucks but this (fairly accurate) price estimate has to qualify as what I previously said would be "a pleasant surprise". Also don't forget that there is the planned spoiler and front splitter that will have the same Gen 5 design cue. It will be very cool..
Thanks
J

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first "hater". Awesome :2tu:. everyone has they're own opinion.. that's what's awesome about all the different top options from everyone. I am happy to be a part of it all. Three quick things... I am over the average male height.. Lemke won't work for anyone that has been blessed (or cursed) with my height, not to mention its already been done... I never said this isn't a 3 piece.. and there may be something wrong with your shift key or caps lock. :smirk: Just curious.. how much do you have into your top with purchasing, fitting, sanding and paint repairs.. I'm still working on pricing.. you can pm me if you want.. I honestly do appreciate the feedback. Thank you
J
Sorry, Jmch BUT If You Could Point Out ANYWHERE I Said ANYTHING about HATING on Your Top (sorry if my shift keys or caps are locking from time to time) I would Appreciate It. Apparently, it seems like you're just a lil' bit touchy if there's Anybody Out There that Doesn't Think Yours Is the Best Top They've Ever Seen! And ALSO I Don't Mind Telling YOU or Anybody Else How Much I Have in MY 3-Piece Top if it means that much to you (lets just say it's UNDER 3k for EVERYTHING, Shipping, Installing, Sanding & Painting). GL with your Project (I Hope you Sell A Thousand of Them). I Just Have MY Opinion, Like Everybody Else Has Theirs!

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put "hater" in quotes since I was responding in good humor. I apologize for not making my self clear. I did mention everyone has they're opinion and I was happy to be a part if it.. admittedly I may be slightly defensive but I made sure I included some smiley emoticons to keep it lighthearted. I honestly do appreciate the input as far as pricing.. I did just post our pricing target and I'm pretty comfortable with it being under 2k with windows, but with the upcoming 3 piece that will climb... hence my curiosity. if I were not freakishly tall the top you have would be an option... but at 6'6" I look like a dufus with my head above the roll bar. So I just wanted something different and new. thanks for posting.. honestly..
J

Last edited:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason, any idea when we can see a picture of the top and windows combination?

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are planning on having a prototype top test on a Gen 2 potentially this weekend. Once we have the fit keyed in for those cars then we can finalize the window shape and at that time I will take some pics with a real camera and you will be able to see the final product as a whole. With the windows being a reshaped Autoform window that process should go pretty quick... Steve has lots of practice with the windows :D.. Im not even going to interfere with his process. That's a huge benefit of AF doing the production.. just benefits you guys..
I think youll like it Sam, thanks for watching ...( and everyone else too)

Jason

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put "hater" in quotes since I was responding in good humor. I apologize for not making my self clear. I did mention everyone has they're opinion and I was happy to be a part if it.. admittedly I may be slightly defensive but I made sure I included some smiley emoticons to keep it lighthearted. I honestly do appreciate the input as far as pricing.. I did just post our pricing target and I'm pretty comfortable with it being under 2k with windows, but with the upcoming 3 piece that will climb... hence my curiosity. if I were not freakishly tall the top you have would be an option... but at 6'6" I look like a dufus with my head above the roll bar. So I just wanted something different and new. thanks for posting.. honestly..
J
I Hear Ya' J! I DO Agree with you About the Top & the Extra Head Room (6'6" is cutting it Really Close, probably too close). And, I think the ones you're Making for the Gen. 1's will REALLY Go Over Well (Definitely Can't Beat the Price on them)! jmo & GL!

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the idea of a top for $1000 ( I will be waiting for the 3 piece top thou). Gen 1's are getting very cheap on the market nowadays(no offense) and the people who are buying them are certainly not going to spend $2500 for a top when they paid only $25,000 for the car.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the idea of a top for $1000 ( I will be waiting for the 3 piece top thou). Gen 1's are getting very cheap on the market nowadays(no offense) and the people who are buying them are certainly not going to spend $2500 for a top when they paid only $25,000 for the car.

You nailed it right on the head... I'm one of those people.:) That was why we had to set the price goals we did. Those such as myself would be able to have a top on they're ride for considerably less than previous versions cost. That being said if your waiting for the 3 piece.. its going to be more than this single piece.. So just for kicks take some measurements and see if you can figure out how we are going to fit the panels in the trunk. The 3 piece is the same exact size and shape... I'm curious to see if anyone can figure out how we overcame this obstacle ... large surface area, small trunk.. 3 pieces... :smirk:
And yes it will fit on the 92-93
Thanks guys
J

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You nailed it right on the head... I'm one of those people.:) That was why we had to set the price goals we did. Those such as myself would be able to have a top on they're ride for considerably less than previous versions cost. That being said if your waiting for the 3 piece.. its going to be more than this single piece.. So just for kicks take some measurements and see if you can figure out how we are going to fit the panels in the trunk. The 3 piece is the same exact size and shape... I'm curious to see if anyone can figure out how we overcame this obstacle ... large surface area, small trunk.. 3 pieces... :smirk:
And yes it will fit on the 92-93
Thanks guys
J

the 92-93 have different latches (i believe longer latches that go down into the top of the windsheild) so im not sure that the top you are making would correctly fit a 92?

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the 92-93 have different latches (i believe longer latches that go down into the top of the windsheild) so im not sure that the top you are making would correctly fit a 92?

Not with the same latches but don't worry that's been accounted for..

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the matching spoiler that will be available thanks to Steve at Autoform. Has the same lines as the roof. Note the presence of the semi A-pillar trim on the roof panel.. thats what will give it the "svelte" look. .. no thats not finished by any means.. just a precursor.. but it will look awesome even without this roof. Remember there is also a matching front splitter coming as well..
On another note.. has no one figured out how the 3 piece version will work? :)
T

Thanks for watching.
J

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like things are moving along nicely. How about taking some of the proceeds from your first sale and buy yourself a new camera.....LOL

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like things are moving along nicely. How about taking some of the proceeds from your first sale and buy yourself a new camera.....LOL[/QUOTE
phone pics. lol. I'll use a real camera once the parts are all pretty.. sorry.. it's just easy to do everything on the fly with a phone.these pics areally just to keep people up on progress.. just for fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another hurdle cleared.. A big thanks to Greg Giardini for allowing a test fit on his second Gen Rt. If a complete stranger contacted any of us and asked to put something on top of our Vipers how many of us would respond "Come on over".. ? So his help is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I personally was unable to attend due to my "real" job (boo-hiss) but Steve and one of his engineers were able to get this done like they have everything else and send me some pics. The top is a great fit on both generations and with this step finished the time for production is very close. Here are a couple pics sent to me of Greg's beautiful Rt10 with this top.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0187.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0187.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG0186.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0186.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 286

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks great! I will be in Holland, MI all next week. If I had my Viper there I would be over in a heartbeat. I can't wait to see the finished product. It would be cool to stop by and see how it looks.

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped over at Autoform today and met the owner, Steve. He was a stand-up guy and definitely has the viper passion. He showed my dad and I around his facility. It was great to see all the stages of production. I have a real appreciation for the skill and craftsmanship it takes to develop and produce their products. I took a look at the new hardtop design. It looks great in photos, but looks even better in person. The lines of it flow very well. It looks especially good from the back. I can't wait to see the final product! Thanks again to Steven and Jason for letting me take a look. You will surely have my business in the future!

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words...so my Viper passion still shows?...I am very excited about this hardtop and the other new products that we will be producing for the GenI and GenII cars. Pretty cool that your car was in Holland when it was brand new and we originally prepped and transported it to Viper Days events for the original owners.... That is a great car...lots of history...enjoy it. Thanks for stopping in and listening to my stories...looking forward to adding a Hardtop to the list of other Autoform parts that are already on your car.

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have them, Give Steve a call, I love mine, I'v had it 4 weeks now!! Looks Great!

Excellent!! I'll give Steve a call! Just a quick question, are they clip ons or bolted? Also, how much is it and does it come painted?

Can you post a pic of the spoiler on your Viper?

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there is a new style spoiler to match the lines of the upcoming hardtop.... I will try to get a more recent pic up later today as this was taken quite some time ago with poor light setting.. check back this evening for an update for info on the other spoiler style look on AF's website..

Last edited:

VP500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea really wanna see the finished product for my genII. Showed a few people interested in the design.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay on good spoiler pics.. Steve will actually have it finished and painted next week so we will get some good pics of it then instead of more teasing pics with my less than stellar phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets