RT10 hardtop market

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok.. some pics of a painted finished spoiler. Steve went with a brighter color so you could actually see the shape of it well in pics. He also wanted to give you all an idea of the different options that will be available so he did a lip in matte black and a carbon look paint job just so we could see it. Note this is not the real carbon merely a quick finish to emulate the look. The real carbon will be ready on the final product pics, not just a painted plug. Sticking with the whole affordable theme of the top the base option spoiler pricing will be easily attainable.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_20130323_163816.jpg
    IMG_20130323_163816.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 125

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a new style spoiler to match the lines of the upcoming hardtop.... I will try to get a more recent pic up later today as this was taken quite some time ago with poor light setting.. check back this evening for an update for info on the other spoiler style look on AF's website..

Theses are for gen 1's? Any pricing info? Do they come painted? Bolt on? Any completed pics from different angles?
Thanks,
Craig

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well pricing will depend on the options you will want, there will be a painted option, carbon lip options, gelcoat ready to paint options, etc and still hasn't been set for sure.. only discussed. This model pictured fits on all rt10's but will probably be available for the gen 3 and 4 cars soon with some minor changes. Here are a couple pics of it stuck to the back of my car ... this is not how it will attach.. just so u can see it on the car.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the lip a separate piece or is the whole spoiler one piece? Can you tell me more about the 'carbon look paint job'...is it paint?
the lip and spoiler are one piece weather you want real carbon fiber or hydrograpic CF to keep the cost down. As for the one in these pics it is just trick paint work to show you how it will look as CF. This was just a plug piece we were using as an experimental part with different looks so going real carbon would have been superfluous. We saw what we wanted and decided to share the different looks on here... keeping everyone in the loop.

Last edited:

Goatman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THATS FRIGGIN AWESOME, let me know when some further development comes out on the GTS spoiler. I already have a buyer for the top and spoiler for the RT as well. :2tu:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Amazing work being done. I love the aesthetics of the spoiler. I now will rest well knowing my viper is in good hands! That is some serious work you guys have put into this project. I love when people's visions become reality. Can't wait to see the finished product.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Steve has made awesome progress on the window frames as you can see. The A-pillar trim is integrated into the front of the window frame so it still has the finished look for the gen 1 without having the a pillar on the roof itself. This is a huge step towards production so just a little more patience and we'll be ready soon. .. keep in mind this pic is just a primed rough version .. like always this is just to keep everyone that is interested informed and up to date. Also you can expect an update on the spoiler production very soon so be ready and check back here on occassion.
As always thanks for looking and being patient ... it will all be worth it when the finished products come out.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some business in Grand Rapids today and I called Steve to see if I could visit his shop in Holland. He was gracious enough to allow my wife and I to look around. All I can say is WOW, Steve has a lot going on at Autoform and the new top and spoiler that Steve and Jason are working on looks amazing. I can't wait to see the finished products.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had some business in Grand Rapids today and I called Steve to see if I could visit his shop in Holland. He was gracious enough to allow my wife and I to look around. All I can say is WOW, Steve has a lot going on at Autoform and the new top and spoiler that Steve and Jason are working on looks amazing. I can't wait to see the finished products.

Well... I wish I could claim all the credit but that would be inaccurate to say the least.. if anything I think my presence slows Steve down... so, sorry everyone :) . We gotta remember I'm just the guy with the (perhaps not so) bright idea to re-invent the wheel.. and got the ball rolling.. Steve is the (apparently slightly masochistic) genius who decided to take on all the stress and work load while I while away the hours... sorta. I did step #1.. step #2 was get a bucket of resin and a roll of glass mat... somewhere around step 8704 is a top.. then there are windows and spoilers and splitters and a plethora of other Autoform projects encompassing all the other Viper models and Challengers and so on. So I just try not to get in the way when I'm there.

On a slightly different note I somehow missed answering a question previously asked about the spoiler mount .. it mounts on two brackets that wrap under the deck lid .. so you don't have to drill any holes in the top of your trunk. In fact you could remove it at any time if you were so inclined with no unsightly holes.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score

check out jes4fun's thread "prototype top and spoiler" for a few more of these pics.. looks awesome.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The spoiler is ready for purchase. Its not on the AF website yet but we can get the ball rolling on em. I will put some pics and prices up shortly for the different options as well as how to order one right now. (Before its on the site) The top for the gen 2 will be following in about 2 weeks. Gen 1 with windows .. just after that, and then the front splitter. And the three piece will follow all this. ..

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news...Let me tell you guys, I saw the spoiler on Jason's car at our spring brunch Sunday and it looks awesome.

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
3 options with the spoiler primed is $510
painted (most colors) $695
painted with matte finished vertical lip $695
carbon fiber vertical lip is not quite ready yet but will run 800.
these mount without drilling any holes on the top of your trunk lid and can be removed within minutes.
If you want one before it gets on the website you can just send an E-mail to AF.. there is contact info on Autoforms website..
thanks everyone.. I'll keep you all posted and get some pics as soon as I can... probably 3 am tomorrow..

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The spoiler is ready for purchase. Its not on the AF website yet but we can get the ball rolling on em. I will put some pics and prices up shortly for the different options as well as how to order one right now. (Before its on the site) The top for the gen 2 will be following in about 2 weeks. Gen 1 with windows .. just after that, and then the front splitter. And the three piece will follow all this. ..

Is there a good estimated time frame when 3 piece will be ready for purchase and cost? I am itching for one!

OP
OP
J

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well.. here's our pecking order...finish the single piece for Gen 1 with windows, (almost there) get front splitter built, build it's molds and get it into production. then hopefully we can get some of these sold so we can re-coup some of the outgoing cash.. then once I'm relatively certain this top look will be well received and. not bankrupt all involved we can totally retool and get a 3 piece into production.. so basically I don't have a very accurate time frame.. its dependent on the sales right now starting with the spoiler. that being said.. I am super anxious too... so maybe I will try not to slow the process down by getting in Steves way on the 3 piece as much :) that and the way that we are fitting the panels in the trunk is darn near wizardry or witchcraft... very excitiing..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh