RT10 TOP PROBLEM

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had to have my car serviced for the separation of the black plastic to the body of the racebar behind the seats, has anyone ever had this problem? warranty covered it but the dealer had no idea what caused it. Could it be the torque strain on the vehicle? does this mean i have to slow down? (yeah right)

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the exact same thing happening. I'm taking mine in within the next week or two for that & my driver side window crawls up v e r y s l o w l y, and needs repair as well.

I don't know why it happens, but it looks like crap.

dave.

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the race bar behind the seats, its divided into two separate pieces, one is a continuation of the outer body molding, the other is black plastic and has the slots for the top to sit into. these two pieces are separating, as the other guy said, looks like sh*t

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 01 Rt/10 and car was only 5 or 6 months old. Had it replaced under warranty. Chuck Tator told me that the most likely reason it happens is because the glue that holds the sportsbar pad together separates, probably due to some manufacturing defect. On my car, I think that the hard top was installed on the car before the glue in the sportsbar pad had fully cured.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not 100% sure if I understand, but if you are talking
about the black padded piece seperating from the sport
bar on a roadster, there are two small bolts that you can
access from under the pad with a 7/16 open end wrench.
One of mine vibrated loose and had to be retightened. The
gap was about a 1/4 " on one side while still fairly
tight on the other side.
Tighten the bolt, close the gap, no problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery