Sad to report the passing of Charles Tator, Sr. (Chuck Tator's Dad)

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, Prayers are with you and your family.. Very sorry for your loss.. Im sure you made your father very proud. Well done..

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder that my pm remained unanswered, in it I was actually asking how he was doing and now I read this :(... from the bottom of my heart I would like to express my sincere condolences to both you and Jerz Viper.
I'm lucky if my dad will stay as strong as he is for another 15 years and preferably more before the Guy Upstairs calls him back. A verse that was selected for my granddad when he passed away.

"Behind the tears of sadness hides the smile of our memory"

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Chuck & Family. It's never easy, no matter how long it may have been expected. Only met and spoke to Mr. Tator a few times, but easy to tell that he must have been a very intersting guy with a wealth of knowledge from which we all could have learned.

I'm sure he was proud of the legacy he left behind.

AC

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this news Chuck and I would like to extend my condolences to you and your family at this difficult time.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You all, you have made the passing of my Father a little easer! :cool: The last few days have been sad BUT they have also been rewarding!

Here is a link to part of who he was:

Obituaries

Thank You ALL Again!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great write up.

Tator’s is the oldest Dodge dealership in the country and the last family-owned and operated one, to boot. Thanks to pressure from Chuck Tator’s Viper owner friends, the dealership will retain that title for years to come, another tribute to the Tator family name.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote:
"Mr. Tator was the proprietor of Tator Dodge in South Salem, which was established in 1914 by his father. He carried on the family’s Dodge tradition for many years and was the only car dealer around who still closed all his sales deals with a handshake and a promise to deliver. There was no worry about a down payment. According to Charlie Tator, if his word was good, well then, so was yours. His business was built on trust and good service."

Amen & God Bless, Chuck you should be very proud.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a wonderful write-up, Chuck...the best part being YOU saved the dealership...I'm sure your Dad could not have been MORE proud of you~~~! ~juli

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck: My condolences to you and your family; he will be greatly missed, and will be one of the proudest father's looking down from up above..........

Regards, Chris.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. May he rest in peace.
Prayers to you and your family.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck my sincerest condolences to you and the Tator family.
From my family to yours.
I'm certain Sr. is not seeing the three headed dog that guards Hell...