Saga of a Southern Vipress !!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are plenty of folks in the VCA who know Mary " Vipress" Petitpren, from New Orleans. She is , like many of our Female SnakeCharmers, a vivacious ,fun loving ,
passionate Viper owner and a unique joy to be around. Mary is an individual who does not love Vipers, she lives and breathes them, and though few of us have guessed her age ( looks late 50's , but could be possibly be in her 70's ) her vitality and infectious laugh make us all feel younger. Is she a pistol, well she can handle a 357 Magnum, so I would venture a hearty yes. She is a Southern Gem that is now the proud owner of not one, but two Vipers -joining one of our Northern Viperess's ( Laura ) in starting her own Serpent Collection. Mary does not drive her cars , she drives her cars fast ( trade in was a 96 Vette with 84K on the odometer ), and a Valentine 1 is her constant companion.
Upon leaving the Dealership on Halloween, Mary headed towards Wichita to stay overnight with my mom, before heading to Oklahoma City to see some fellow VCA members and relax a couple of days. Unfortunately , the excitement of the new SRT-10 caused the Vipress to miss a turn-off and she went a total of 160 miles out of her way. No big deal to Mary , she just called my mom and let her know she would give the new 8.3 Beast a little rein, and rock and roll down to the Air Capital City. Unknown to our Southern Belle, Kansas is well known as one of the foremost States for testing/using Instant On Radar. Detained by the State Patrol
for an inordinate time , the Viperess was fuming about the time delay as well as the ticket for 91mph. In her demure way, she called my mom again, and politely said, " I am so sorry for the delay, and if that young Trooper hadn't gotten finished in the next few minutes , I was going to get out and kick his asp!!" I know at 5'2" few of us would want to mess with this petite Hurricane, but ya gotta love her attitude. After her all day ordeal, a extra dry Martini was waiting for her in Wichita, and she was still lamenting that though the car was less than 12 hours old, she already had her first ticket, aargh!

For those of you that know Mary, and even those of you who don't , she is an owner that makes you proud to have a car like hers. She is an extention of the passion we all share for the SRT-10,GTS, and RT-10, and I think we need to show her how much we all appreciate her.

Send a check to:

Mary Petitpren
#10 Stilt St.
New Orleans, La. 70124

Make a little note that it is for the Viperess Ticket Fund, or something of that nature, and it need not be but just a small amount ( $1, $5 ). We should just inundate her, and show our love ( I doubt she would even cash them ) , but I think it would be a fun gesture to congratulate her for her new , Red SRT-10. A ton of letters when she gets home next week, would brighten her day, and take a little sting from Officer Friendly.

Reaction score
She walked in when we were finalizing our deal,,,,,,,

WOW, Happy HollowWeenie to her, a great story, Suprised she didn't get out of the ticket, tears work, even for a 50 year male, LOL...

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just talked to Mary, and the Officer never had her sign the ticket. Hmmmmm, wonder if she can get out of this??? Viper Attorneys , step up and let us know. Everyone else , contribute to the Defense Fund, ha.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What a great story Bill...Elaine and I are looking forward to meeting this woman !!! The story rings a few bells...multiple Vipers, .357's etc.

Guess I better get back to changing oil on Vipers for "Miss Elaine" before I get into trouble....

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mary rocks! :2tu:
I think (...ice...machine...?) I met her in Nashville, VOI.7!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spoken with Mary several times on the phone and her energy is just incredible. The Viper is truly a part of her and her a part of it. She will definetly get a kick out of this. :D

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
She will be on her way home on Monday, so mail those cards and letters folks. Ya gotta love someone who places Vipers right after family in their priority lists!!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No signage = thrown out of court. Hey, the occifer made one 'little' mistake. Shows enough doubt on his ability to operate a radar gun. Was he pointing it at Mary or the crop duster flying beside the highway? He was probably aiming it at his fist, like in the movie Super-Troopers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte