Sam Goldfarb

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a couple of years of trolling Sam Goldfarb across three Viper forums, i have to say I have officially buried the hatchet. It won't be easy either because he's a blast to argue with. Never the less, Sam said he was gonna have a bonfire with all his old VCA memorabilia ( in jest I'm sure). I pm'ed him and told him not to do that, and that I would like to have some of it to take to the VCA North Texas X-mas party. He said gimme your address and I'll send you some. I did, expecting to have a horse head or a box of $hit mailed to my house. Low and behold, he sent some pretty cool stuff. What a guy this Sam Goldfarb is. Am going to add pics to this thread in Sam's honor. Cheers Sam

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's always nice to make amends. Glad you guys could work things out.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You two would be the perfect pair to negotiate a merger.

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You two would be the perfect pair to negotiate a merger.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I have negotiated many multi-million dollar deals involving mergers and acquisitions in my lifetime. There are many considerations involved, including assets, liabilities, debts, history and the hardest part, in this situation to resolve would be the egos and hurt feelings of most involved. A good beginning would be for both sides to stop sniping at one another and treat each other with respect. Many of the parties that caused the problems are gone and others are backing away. The rank and file members don't care about the politics and want to have fun! It's a car club and most of the officers, directors and many others invest time, money and their hearts and souls into it. Then there are those in the peanut galleries, on both sides, operating under cute user names, that simply want to throw gas on the fire and watch things burn. I don't know if a merger is viable, at this time, but I would be happy to work with both sides to at least work out a peace treaty? Heck, if Free2go and I can get along, I would hope that others could put aside their differences and at least open up some dialog, without dredging up all the past hurt feelings?

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sam, well said, I have heard from numerous members that all we want to do is have some fun, as a club, and with our cars, and I echo that sentiment. The bruised egos and hurt feelings should take a back seat to what's best for either Viper club. Hopefully someday we will be back to one club

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, if Free2go and I can get along, I would hope that others could put aside their differences and at least open up some dialog.

I knew you were a good guy from the get go. $hit, I wouldn't give you my home address if I didn't think so. The Bob told me a long time ago you were a mensch...and if Bob said the sun wasn't gonna rise tomorrow I'd believe it. I don't know about this whole "one world" "koombayah" club scenario you're talking about. There has to be good and evil, yin and yang, Mandingo and white *****. The ONLY way I could possibly imagine the whole thing working would be for anyone involved in the past or present *** to step down. Let people like Granger73 run the new club. Get rid of all the Viper Alley ***** moderators and replace them all in Jeff's image.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Get rid of all the Viper Alley ***** moderators and replace them all in Jeff's image.

WOW.......

Damn, you do realize I work at the pleasure of the President and my lease has not been renewed.

In all seriousness, my days are made when the Members are having a good time and I can just stay out of discussions. It gets even better when people can have different views, discuss them and remain on good terms. When everyone believes and thinks the same way... well, just boring, kind of like a ride in a prius.

Keep having fun and Smile, your face will thank you

Jeff

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew you were a good guy from the get go. $hit, I wouldn't give you my home address if I didn't think so. The Bob told me a long time ago you were a mensch...and if Bob said the sun wasn't gonna rise tomorrow I'd believe it. I don't know about this whole "one world" "koombayah" club scenario you're talking about. There has to be good and evil, yin and yang, Mandingo and white *****. The ONLY way I could possibly imagine the whole thing working would be for anyone involved in the past or present *** to step down. Let people like Granger73 run the new club. Get rid of all the Viper Alley ***** moderators and replace them all in Jeff's image.
I understand your points. Many of the old people you refer to are gone or going. As far as the removal of the entire ***, that wouldn't be possible or practical. That would include all region Presidents and as most know, they are a rare breed and hard to find. Most of these individuals went along, fat, dumb and happy. To assume that there was a mass conspiracy is not productive or realistic. It only perpetuates the "feud" and asks for unrealistic unworkable conditions. Most regions function very well at regional levels. The regional members know and trust the people they elected(drafted) to serve them. It's when National gets involved and many regions needs and philosophy's are trying to merge into a common goal that things get tricky. The magazine, insurance, fund raising and large events simply could not be accomplished at most regional levels. Also remember that most individuals serve in these positions as unpaid slaves and may not pay attention to all the details that a high paid executive might. Any elected person only shows that he has a lot of friends, not that he is qualified for the position. Just look at any level of government you want and you will see my point. A merger, at this point, might not work. A peace could be easily brokered if those that simply want to continue the feud and fuel the fire with old facts were to lay down their weapons. Trying to control the other Forums contents or moderators isn't realistic or Paramount to the VCA VOA issue.

Read all your posts before you hit "send" and see if what you are typing is constructive or destructive. Are you making a valid point, asking a valid question or just trying to impress and entertain? An illustration would be:

"Get rid of all the Viper Alley ***** moderators and replace them all in Jeff's image. "

Instead:

"We need more moderators like Viper Jeff"

I'm not putting anyone down and I realize it's hard to resist those *** shots from many years of resentment and frustration, but it will take a strong effort on everyone's part to effect real change and reach some type of peace. Many read these posts, are disgusted or disappointed, and just go away. Very few are really entertained by them or see anything good coming from the continued hatred that has been voiced in the past. As many know I can "throw down" with anyone. You should see some of my posts before I "softened" them. Write the thread and then walk away for a spell, come back and see how you can turn it positive instead of a rant against something!

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so as a "newbie" as I'm referred to, I have a few things to say. I wasn't here for the massive exodus that took place. Thank goodness. I have been affiliated
With a couple of clubs. A couple of things are common with those and this one. Every club has its workers i.e. the ones that work themselves into the ground
for the club, the complainers, these are the people who no matter what you do will always have something negative to say no matter what, the cry babies, these
are the people who cry all the time they are offended, the actual members who just want peace and want to enjoy what's going on good or bad, some of these
members are vocal and some are not. I have met people who are members of both the VOA and VCA, all of which are great people. Hell, last weekend I cruised
All day with a VOA member and ate lunch. I consider him and his wife good friends. There is good people in both clubs. Its like Free said, we need the yin yang
to keep balance. Yes, most of us have "cute screen names" and why not. If everyone used their real names, people would start hate campaigns against
Members businesses etc. But you know I think I heard somewhere that's already happened. Childish. Its my belief that even if the two clubs become one,
None of the hateful banter and hard feelings would stop. This is because, some people feel that burying the hatchet means in each others backs. Finally, as a new
member here, I appreciate the whole dynamic of this forum. The good the bad and the ugly. Let's live life drive the hell out of our cars and enjoy it while
It lasts, however long that may be.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post Sam. With the Viper ceasing production in 2017, change will occur in both clubs regardless of what past or current leaders wish to happen. Hopefully, that change will involve combining the best assets of both clubs in some fashion and preserving same for those who keep their Vipers going forward. It might be best to use a new entity to do that.

It seems to me that it is probable that by 2019 or so a significant number of the members of both clubs will have moved on to the latest and greatest car and that some of the older members will choose to acquire a vehicle with an automatic transmission that is easier to get in and out of due to health reasons such as knee and back ailments.

Both clubs need to plan for the future now.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started this thread to honor a man who is the personification of creativity, resourcefulness, intelligence, thoughtfulness, and rapier wit. A Titan of industry whom as members, have exclusive access to his deep well of wisdom. A friend, and a formidable foe. Over the course of the next several days I am going to add pictures and commentary in his honor. Sam Goldfarb extended an olive branch to this beloved club via me, and I'm slightly offended that this thread was derailed with the banter of club politics. One of the gifts he sent was an incredible picture of a Sneaky Pete logo that was formed with a collage of beautiful women. This picture clearly objectifies women and out of respect for Broom and some of the other female members who will be attending the party on Saturday, I'm not going to bring it and will keep this little gem for myself.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This picture clearly objectifies women and out of respect for Broom and some of the other female members who will be attending the party on Saturday
Free you really are a thoughtful gentleman. Sorry for my part in making your thread political. Sam was really nice to send those items to you.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Items sent by Sam are as follows:

Viper GTS-R clock/thermometer

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper/Apache helicopter clock-thermometer

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA welcome banner

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite, Sneaky Pete "collage"

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 GTS-R racing team posters

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also sent a picture that just said "Phil" on the back...whatever that means.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam, your VCA items were well received. Thank you again and Happy Hannekuh. I was so busy talking to Broom and her husband that I didn't see who got your items! I'm pretty sure my buzz started to kick in about that time as well. Regardless, we were thinking about you last night and appreciated the stuff.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really enjoyed meeting you Broom! Had no idea you were so tall and stunning. That GTS blue Viper is gorgeous too and your husband is cool as hell. Cubican (Pedro), you are one helluva guy. I don't think you knew who I was but I recognized you when you started to describe your car....damn I was so impressed with your enthusiasm and what a hardworking guy you are. Hope your foot is feeling better. Viper Ceejay, what a riot you and your husband are! I am looking forward to hanging out with you guys as you are only a few miles from me. Greg Crouse was a gracious host and his wife was right in there every bit as involved as him. Very impressive couple.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free, it was really great finally meeting you. You are truly a gentleman, thank you for the kind words. I have always been Amazon tall. Lol:lmao: I had a blast talking with you. I wonder if Viper Jeff felt a disturbance in the force because his to bad children finally met. Hehehehe
Broom might seem to some a bit witchy but I'm really just a sweetheart. :D. Thank you Sam for all the cool stuff. Ole Broom benefited
Immensely.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R