Santa came early

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a decision to get another Viper and finally it is here. I enjoyed the shopping experience as well. I was sad to see there are some very abused and roached out Vipers out there. The car before this one that I looked at (only for a few minutes) had 3000 miles on the clock, and the tires were BALD, there were holes in the seats, paint scrapes and scratches, curbed wheels, ... It was sad to see.

This one has not a mark on it. The floor mats are even sweet. It needs nothing,

Can you tell I am a little HAPPY!

Thanks to everyone that I have spoken to and those that emailed me.

Here it is, (sorry for the bad camera phone pic's) and yes that is snow on the ground but it came home on dry pavement.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Come on spring and warm weather! :drive:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Steve. Hope to see you at some area events in the coming year. Still can't get the grin off my face every time I get in my 03 that I bought in April.

Yeah, that snow yesterday was a bit of a surprise. Was going to get the beast out tomorrow, but too much salt on the road.

Scott

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and I just can not get my head around the guys that abuse any car that has such low production numbers. I have a 2008 ssg and baby it. The reason I do this is because my brother bought a 1971 Charger 426 Hemi, automatic, column shift, bench seat, etc. He ran the piss out of it, as did all his buddies with their cars back then. It turn out that Charger was 1 of 12 made. I just see the value of my Viper going up every time I see another youtube video of someone crashing theirs.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Steve. Hope to see you at some area events in the coming year.
Scott

I'm dying to find something to do with it already....Wax on...Wax off.....Wax on....Wax off.

NAH! I WANNA DRIVE! Waiting for spring is gonna be tough.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Congrats on the new car. Now you are going to have to move down to Houston so we can have the Crab run down here with the rest of us. (Always pictured you in red......the silver is a big change.)

Regards,
Plaw

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Love the silver. The car looks great.

I live about 20 minutes north of you (off of RT 41 in PA).

I have had mine for about 3 months but its not been out much lately because of the weather.

If we get a nice day and you want to BS about Vipers, contact me and we can meet somewhere.

I'm happy to just go to the garage and look at it for the winter.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!

I too am partial to silver on those,

A friend of mine recently bought a 2003 with 1800 miles, and the dealer also had a silver version. Do you mind telling where it came from?

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!

I too am partial to silver on those,

A friend of mine recently bought a 2003 with 1800 miles, and the dealer also had a silver version. Do you mind telling where it came from?

Langhorn Pa. Reedman Auto World.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Love the silver. The car looks great.

I live about 20 minutes north of you (off of RT 41 in PA).

I have had mine for about 3 months but its not been out much lately because of the weather.

If we get a nice day and you want to BS about Vipers, contact me and we can meet somewhere.

I'm happy to just go to the garage and look at it for the winter.

And I am right inbetween both of you on the Pa/Del border. We will have to all get together some time once the weather breaks, maybe at a local Cruise Night or something.

Congrats on the new Viper.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and I just can not get my head around the guys that abuse any car that has such low production numbers. I have a 2008 ssg and baby it. The reason I do this is because my brother bought a 1971 Charger 426 Hemi, automatic, column shift, bench seat, etc. He ran the piss out of it, as did all his buddies with their cars back then. It turn out that Charger was 1 of 12 made. I just see the value of my Viper going up every time I see another youtube video of someone crashing theirs.

I run the piss out of my cars. If I need another I know I can buy someone's gagage queen for 60 cents on the new dollar.

I think at 1500 produced most years, that few are collectable.

Congrats to the OP on their new car!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

There is a difference between cars that are driven, enjoyed and maintained, and those that are just abused. I don't believe in cars just being garage art and not driven, nor do I agree with cars that are mistreated for no reason. How do you get ripped holes in the seats of a Viper? How do you get deep scratches on the top of the trunk lid and rear bumper? Mud and dirt in the inside of the car?

Garage queen? Nah but I'll drive it and maintain it like it is.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Steve.... I figured that might be the car my friend Steve and I saw at Reedman when he bought the red one. It just seemed to be too much of a coincidence.

At the time, the red 03 was in the Dodge showroom, while the silver one was in a showroom at the other side of the dealership. My friend saw the red one.....brought me back to see it....and he drove it home. We both live just a few minutes from Reedman.

Once again, congrats!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve, as long as the weather is decent, there's a regular Cars and Coffee most Saturdays from 8-10am at Starbucks on 202 at Dilworthtown Road in West Chester. Mostly F-car and P-car guys, but they let us Viper owners in as well. A great group.

Go over to the MidAtlantic Regional forum on FerrariChat.com, and you can read about it.

I will take my Viper out in winter, as long as the roads are clear and dry. But, I drive like a grandma on the PS2s. I don't think letting cars sit for extended periods does them any good.

Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up sometime for lunch or dinner and BS about cars.

Scott

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a few more Vipers in the tri-state area, congratulations, we look forward to seeing you out and about in the spring

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all. Yes I am as excited as I sound. When I sold my last Viper I knew I would be back. I am glad to see some familiar names and so many new ones.

I did check out Ferrarichat, thanks, looks like some nice people there too. Next Saturday is Christmas, and the next one is New Years day. I'm guessing not many would show up those Saturdays, but following that I'll be looking for you (weather permitting).

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
almost a week...how did i overlook this thread?:dunno:

Congrats Steve! So i assume u picked her up just before the snowstorm last week? Good timing:2tu:
I'd love to stop by and check her out. PM me your # so i can give you a heads up.(had it but lost with my old phone)

I havnt been in the pikecreek area for a couple weeks. Hows the salt/sand situation? Down in Smyrna with the inch of snow we also got an inch of Salt complements of deldot:( I pray for rain every night to wash this crap away but have a feeling that we're gonna be screwed with a killer winter like last year...

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some salt here and there in Chester County. Christmas Eve day is supposed to be very nice. Think I might have to take the Viper out for a little run. Stretch her legs, so to speak. :headbang: But drive like Grandma doing so in the cold!:lmao: