Saturday drive through Ohio

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife had the great idea of taking the VIPER out for a drive Saturday. She found a fall foliage website (Ohio Fall Foliage 2006 - Central Ohio Driving Tours) that had several excellent drive suggestions. This was our first scenic "drive" since we moved to Ohio, so it was fun to see what was out there.

The car drove great, ran well, and accelerated hard. We rolled over 63,000 miles today! Next up, a trip to the Dodge Dealer where the car was purchased new. I know I have the info somewhere, I just need to look it up.

I snapped a few pictures and she took many from inside the car. Having her take pictures while driving was a great idea:

A shot of a fun feature of Ohio, 94 Octane (the best I could get at a station in Georgia was 93, best in California was 91). $3.369 / gallon:

94_octane_.jpg

OH_SR42.jpg

OH_SR68_01.jpg

OH_SR68_02.jpg

I did not like Springfield, OH. It was obvious this was once a growing city, but that isn't the case anymore:

springfield.jpg

Xenia, OH has a beautiful old courthouse:

Xenia_courthouse.jpg

Piatt Castles:

Piatt_Castles_02.jpg

Piatt_Castles_01.jpg

I love Ohio State Route 54!!!:

OH_SR54_01.jpg

OH_SR54_02.jpg

OH_SR54_03.jpg

OH_SR54_open_field_01.jpg

OH_SR54_open_field_02.jpg

And finally, a walk around the car parked in Urbana, OH (beautiful little town, and nice people):

Urbana_01.jpg

Urbana_02.jpg

Urbana_03.jpg

Urbana_04.jpg

Urbana_05.jpg

Urbana_06.jpg

:drive:

Special thanks to Illinois for proving Ohio State is as overrated as I said. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey nice pics. I lived in Columbus from 96-06 and am a big fan of Ohio. I randomly found a gas station in Cincy while driving back this summer that had 94 octane... one of these times I may try it in my car just for fun.

V

Venomiss

Those were nice cruise pictures and thanks for sharing them.:2tu:
94 Octane you lucky guy.;)
Hopefully Ohio will be a good experience for your family. On another note, did you ever get with the Ohio club? Please PM me if you didn't please. I sent them a note on your behalf and have not heard back yet. Want you to get rolling with other Vipers in your area!

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venomiss: I haven't heard a thing from the Ohio club. I haven't tried to call yet as you suggested. I may try that this week if I get the time.

Blue Pilot: It would be nice to have another car to run with. Isn't North Benton around Akron? That's a hell of a drive from Dayton, I guess we could meet somewhere in the middle?

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venomiss: I haven't heard a thing from the Ohio club. I haven't tried to call yet as you suggested. I may try that this week if I get the time.
The Ohio Club is having a meeting at Quaker Steak and Lube in Columbus (Polaris) on Saturday, December 8. It was postponed from today because of the Buckeye game. :rolaugh: This is a good time to come out and meet the Ohio Club Board and other members some of which are in the Dayton area. If you have time, plan on being there.:drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures, I've been to Xenia, Ohio a few times...my grandmother lived there...before and after their horrific tornado in the 1980's (cannot recall specific date?)...beautiful there. MORE pics of your gorgeous Viper, love those wheels~~~!!!! ~juli