SC SNAKE GOES DOWN TO TEAM WATER PISTOL IN MOD 2

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SW:

but I leave driving the automatics to my beautiful wife...

SW

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the X5 is a AT?
laugh.gif

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HMMMMM LETS SEE NOW....JOHN FORCE AND WARREN JOHNSON THE PROFESSOR BOTH DRIVE AUTOMATICS SO I WONDER IF THIER WIVES DRIVE STICK SHIFTS.DOES ANYONE KNOW?LOL

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SNAKE EYES YOU LOSE!:
HMMMMM LETS SEE NOW....JOHN FORCE AND WARREN JOHNSON THE PROFESSOR BOTH DRIVE AUTOMATICS SO I WONDER IF THIER WIVES DRIVE STICK SHIFTS.DOES ANYONE KNOW?LOL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better check that again...I would not consider an air shifted Lenco an automatic. Plus they still leave the line off the clutch. Maybe they have changed.....i'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TONY,FOR ALL PRACTICAL PURPOSES U ARE RIGHT,HOWEVER IN MY BOOK ITS SIMILAR TO A PUSH BUTTON AUTOMATIC TORQUE FLIGHT FROM THE 60's.
supergrin.gif

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone with a true Mod 2 (no internal mods) beat this time slip? This slip was from an elimination round at Bowling Green.

This is only the second time out for this car. There is a lot more to come. Many thanks to Welch and Choulber.

et.jpg

BGStaging2.jpg

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be my question as well Jack.....so you put a big shot of gas on a stock internal car??? What makes that a "true Mod 2" car??? Why is that supposed to be impressive??? You could throw enough nitrous at a riding lawn mower to make that relatively impressive, but it won't earn any Kudos from the crowd.

I will say that the way the classes were structured shows a complete lack of knowledge in terms of class oriented drag racing...while a valiant effort by Prashant, to have an ET break at 10.50 and vague distinctions between classes leaves a lot of question marks.

We enjoyed the competition...but would suggest an all-motor class for the next event. Along with improvements to the indexes and more definitive breaks between classes. Looks bad when the motor cars beat up on the big power adders in qualifying and then wade through them during eliminations.

I know that we walked a TNT nitrous car in the first round by more than a second...and GB3 ran a head and cam car on a big shot in round two, he put it in neutral at half track and still beat the guy.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HouseofSpeed:

I will say that the way the classes were structured shows a complete lack of knowledge in terms of class oriented drag racing...while a valiant effort by Prashant, to have an ET break at 10.50 and vague distinctions between classes leaves a lot of question marks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the classes were fairly good with the exception of some cars in modII that should have been in unlimited. Maybe make modII a power adder class with modI rules...no internal mods
except rockers....try to keep the sand baggers out. If you get to many classes the class size will be to small. If you are going to hit someone with the "lack of knowledge statement" at least make more suggestions than an all motor class....which by the way it looks like they were doing just fine.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1:

That was all I was respectively trying to say. I believe that there were cars that did not fit the definition (posted in the Bowling Green sign up package) of MOD2. It is real simple: "any bolt on mods......... no headwork, cam changes ........" ,internal mods were not part of this class.

Real simple - let me spell it out again is there anyone that can post a better time slip for a MOD2 that met the defined criteria of MOD2.

This has nothing to do with how good anyone is or how they made it to the end of the quarter, it is a very objective and simple question, like many of us on this board we don't need a lot
subjective comments relative why you didn't go faster - show me the meat!

I'm sure that the fine group who set up the drags will shortly list all the times during eliminations.

Respectfully

Jack B
Ohio VCA

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kyle, I am sorry that you felt that we have a Complete "lack of Drag racing Knowledge". The fact is that this is our 7th drag racing event and I feel that all have been VERY successful. In Speaking with allot of folks that have attend over the years, most seem to have fun and that's what it is all about right? the next time I have more than 2 cars in the MODII class (on Motor with ET's) I will open up another class for you then I will do one round and hand out trophies..sounds fun right?
I assure that you will be on our rules committee the next time around.
Now I have to relay this message....
"the track is open this Friday.. what to run MOTOR vs MOTOR? (better fly in Scott, word is that SW will never drive for Norm again). You are a good guy Kyle, hope that you can make it so maybe one day you can beat G.Brice, Tony Kirk (TNT) or the Racing Solutions car on Motor".

Good Luck - Have a nice day and Thanks for your support.
(NOW YOU SHOULD TAKE NOTE THAT THIS POST WAS MADE WITHOUT CALLING ANYBODY ANY NAMES)

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prashant:
Hey Kyle, I am sorry that you felt that we have a Complete "lack of Drag racing Knowledge". The fact is that this is our 7th drag racing event and I feel that all have been VERY successful. In Speaking with allot of folks that have attend over the years, most seem to have fun and that's what it is all about right? the next time I have more than 2 cars in the MODII class (on Motor with ET's) I will open up another class for you then I will do one round and hand out trophies..sounds fun right?
I assure that you will be on our rules committee the next time around.
Now I have to relay this message....
"the track is open this Friday.. what to run MOTOR vs MOTOR? (better fly in Scott, word is that SW will never drive for Norm again). You are a good guy Kyle, hope that you can make it so maybe one day you can beat G.Brice, Tony Kirk (TNT) or the Racing Solutions car on Motor".

Good Luck - Have a nice day and Thanks for your support.
(NOW YOU SHOULD TAKE NOTE THAT THIS POST WAS MADE WITHOUT CALLING ANYBODY ANY NAMES)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As my good friend Vetter would say..................DAAAAAYYUMMMM!

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRASHANT,WORD ON THE STREET IS YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM STRESS.BROTHER TAKE A BREAK!YOU ARE OVER WORKING YOURSELF BEING PRESIDENT FOR THE HOUSTON VIPER CLUB,SPOKESMAN FOR S.W. AND SPOKESMAN FOR THE EMPEROR.SLOW DOWN AND TRY DOING ONE FUNCTION AT A TIME.IT WILL WORK OUT BETTER FOR YOU.YOU ARE A GOOD GUY AND GREAT PRESIDENT.GOOD LUCK WITH THE EMPERORS MOTOR RUN TONIGHT I DONT THINK IT WILL RUN A 10.2 ON MOTOR BUT THEN WHAT DO I KNOW.U CAN ALWAYS TURN ON THE SPRAY AND MAKE UP FOR IT.SEE U SOON!
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad Jason.....as with a few of my friends if there is some disagreement.....there is an investigation
smile.gif
Also sorry to SNAKE EYES (still a stretch for an automatic though)I guess Lencos are old stuff in the top dogs...heres what I found: Quote "A Top Fuel doesn’t have a gearbox, only a reversing gear similar to the one on a boat. Instead of that a clutch of centrifugal type that locks up in steps is what is used. This is done with a clutch-canon that is controlled by a pneumatic timer that is activated at WOT. The canon is backed up during the run until the clutch is fully engaged. That normally occurs at about 2/3 of the dragstrip. The clutch resides inside a bulletproof housing of titanium."

OK: JackB....For some reason I was thinking modII was different than what you and I said so I looked back at the rules and yes it should have been the "same as modI with the addition of any power adder" meaning No headwork, no cam changes "bolt on mods only including rockers..per modI rules. {ah...no all motor big inch cars allowed...I see.} Maybe stricter tech by one of the Viper guys and a track official next time (check for legal tires too).....(when I teched it was track official only) Someone said SW went 10.68?? that should have been a legal car for modII That said, I still thank Prashant, WingKing, DC, and the others for putting this on. Thanks guys....I did not send in my $$$ until drag racing was added and would not have done so....of course now I know better. Its worth the $$$$ I had a blast!!
Prashant,I heard rumors that trophies were being given based on qualifying and who was still in eliminations...any truth to that? My wife wants to know where her trophy is at.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony...you will notice that I did suggest different ET breaks in with the motor class suggestion. You are correct that too many classes would make for a boring event....but likewise, the fallout from Unlimited to Mod 2 was a crock and would not happen at any other event. Everyone was scared of Albert's car and thought they could just slide back into Mod 2 and sandbag.

Build the classes around power adders and tire selection....have a stock class, and an unlimited radial class for those that just have to prove their manhood on Pilots.

Beyond that, all the classes would run a tire (ET Street, ET Drag, Hoosier, drag radial) and then stay away from an ET break. Make all of the classes heads up with no index....have an all motor class for the stroker guys, a single power adder class (targeting cars that are near stock with a small charger or shot of gas), and an unlimited class for the big boys.

The reality is that many guys running a small shot of gas will not be competitive unless running against similar combinations...likewise with the low boost charger cars. Therefore, we give them a category where they can play and be competitive.

I think the class with the fewest entries would honestly be a motor class....very few want to go that route when there is austensibly more bang for the buck in a small nitrous system or one of the supercharger kits that is available.

Hope that bit of constructive criticism balances my earlier comments.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prashant...didn't say the event wasn't nice, just didn't agree with the way the classes were setup. Honestly, the people you received feedback from obviously don't drag race very much....LESSON: YOU DON"T KNOW GOOD TIL YOU HAVE HAD BAD.

Several of the more seasoned drag racers and I were discussing the class structure and we couldn't understand how you came up with the ET breaks. You obviously didn't ask for help, and this is a drag race not a costume party....so kudos from the peanut gallery doesn't validate your efforts.

As far as a challenge....We ran right on your numbers motor for motor (104.5 in the eighth compared to your 106, since you didn't make a full motor pass we can't really compare 1/4 numbers.) and I will put that up against anybody else. When you guys figure out your spool and CV shafts, can keep the heads from leaking, and want to run motor to motor...let us know. I am just a phone call away. Better hurry, Norm's car will not be motor only for long....

What does your car run???? If you want to call someone out, do it on your own dime....I will be glad to wear your *** out at any dragstrip or street of your choosing....wouldn't look real good for the Viper **** to get ***** slapped by an old Mustang would it??? Bring cash, I don't accept jewelry or other people's credit cards.

Remember, no name calling....just some friendly smack. Any others that want to step to the mic and join the fray???

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll jump in the mix......wait......do you have to be able to take the car off the trailer to talk smack???

I'm beginning to wonder if I even own a Viper..... with all the paint, powder coating and carbon fiber I keep adding I'm going to be slow anyways....

-----------------

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle, Please take your man's advice and take it easy. I was serious when I said that you will be on my drag race committee when I hold another event. As far as running the cars Gerald said his car is ready Today so how about tomorrow at RCR? BTW nice way to make friends (smack TNT down) without them your (Norms) car does not even get to race at VOI, smack down SW, the man that made your car go the fastest its ever went. I am not interested in racing a mustang or any camaro and if you are I can get a Camaro that would like a challenge. I have never had anything bad to say about you, I think you are a stand up guy..I just think you should not bite so many hands at once!

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave...good to see your haven't lost yourself in a prune patch, when are you gonna dust off some of that Eurotrash and bring it to the track....you can't rest on your Silver State laurels forever....did you get any side work in Reno as a John Candy impersonator??? Heard thats where the cash is since the market is down.
smile.gif

I didn't really see a challenge in Prashant's reply...other than Gerald is ready to run tomorrow. I don't have a problem with that, but Norm is in Florida...we will have to schedule that when the man is back in town, but we are definitely up for it.

Trey..Vetter leaves tomorrow to pick up his new car in BG. So he wouldn't be able to make it even if it were to go down.

P...if the Camaro challenge is Joe, he needs more than a cam and some tires for me brother.

DISCLAIMER: All of the above is friendly smack between people that know each other fairly well....anyone that has thin skin should avoid entering into this discussion.

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle,

I never rest on my laurels. When you run faster than me...or even try let me know. I have well over 1000 miles at over 200. Hell looks like you can't even get 145 for a 1/4.
smile.gif

I think you need to stop stepping on you D..k Cuz it looks like it's gone. I think Prashant threw out the offer...Stand up and walk like a man.....not a Unic.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRASHANT,IM OUT OF TOWN RIGHT NOW AND WORD IS THE EMPERORS REAR END IS BLOWN OR BUSTED AGAIN.SO SAVE YOUR 10.7 @ 132.5 M.P.H. MOTOR ONLY RUN.WHEN I GET BACK IN TOWN ILL SHOW U WHAT REAL NUMBERS ON MOTOR ONLY LOOK LIKE.YOUR PAL! NORM

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man...leave it to Dave to pop out of the woodwork and turn this into a picture posting slamfest.

Remember...200 mph gradually isn't like 170 in a 1/4, which I have done a few times. For the record, your dick is longer in this category because you play with it so much...the rest of us have to work for a living.

I still don't see any points given to the Grand Potentate of the Houston VCA in our previous round of action. You pray for me and I will pray for you.

Good Elvis pic...this is all I could find on short notice.
smile.gif
Congrats on the award......

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HouseofSpeed:

I still don't see any points given to the Grand Potentate of the Houston VCA in our previous round of action.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon Kyle....That pic has been around a while. As far as Fez **** the "Grand Potentate of Houston"....Can't speak for him. He has to earn his own points...as do you.

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Elvis...you asked for a race and you got one!

Fat Elvis and the Fez ****.

What time at RCR. Might have to fly in to see this one.

Dave

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle:

I missed VOI but I definitely won't be missing this!! Please let us know what time you guys are going to race tomorrow. I'll DEFINITELY be a spectator w/ a video camera!

John Paul:

You better be there brother! Lets catch up & watch this thing from the stands!!
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

<u>btw: who's covering the spread! I wanna spend some cash!</u>
yesnod.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DARTH VETTER:
Nothing like a little $h!t-Talk amongst friends. Reminds me of the good ole Suicide-King days.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that John!! I miss that board....those were the good days

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DARTH VETTER:
Nothing like a little $h!t-Talk amongst friends. Reminds me of the good ole Suicide-King days.

Trey, I went to pick up my '03 Z06 at the NCM on Friday.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we'll be able to start hangin out again racing. Well give us the details! Post some pics of everything now, kinda like before & after, because I know you're about to make that thing unbeatable!
yesnod.gif
What color did you get? How does it ride? Is the HP the same? Give us some details John Paul. Congrats on the new pick up man! Don't you love that "New Car Smell"?
supergrin.gif

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Golder:
Kyle,

I never rest on my laurels. When you run faster than me...or even try let me know. I have well over 1000 miles at over 200. Hell looks like you can't even get 145 for a 1/4.
smile.gif

I think you need to stop stepping on you D..k Cuz it looks like it's gone. I think Prashant threw out the offer...Stand up and walk like a man.....not a Unic.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats up with that *********?
laughing2[1].gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif