scammer viper alert!??

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been bidding on ebay on a few vipersand got an email today from a fellow ebayer.username olderjohn58
to:gnx438=my username
hellow i am selling a 2001 gts in yellow for 40000.only under the terms off i pay thrue escrow.com.he will ship when they get cash.i have two days from delivery for a return.he says he is moving and it must go and if i cant meet his terms dont even bother to reply.states the car is perfect no damage ect.the email name it came under was [email protected]
anyone have any thoughts on this too good to be true story?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost certainly a scam. Indeed, it seems very similar to the one discussed here a few weeks ago:

Click here for "Viper Scam on eBay" thread

The auction was this one on eBay - notice the seller is no longer registered.

Now, if it were me, I would do this: E-mail him and ask for his phone number and address. Tell him you will fly out TOMORROW to give him the money and get the title signed. Don't hesitate. I had a similar situation come up with a pink Volkswagen several years ago and I flew to California the following morning. It was worth every penny. If you can save $20,000, spend $500 for a plane ticket. I will bet you $10 right now that he will not give you his phone number or an address. If he does, have a nice flight and enjoy your new Viper!

Chris

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This same person is going under the email [email protected]
This is the viper that was disussed on the Board from Alhambra, CA. I sent the person an email saying I would bring a check out to see the car and take it home! And that he should give my his phone number so that I could arrange everything!! He never responded! He later said the winning bidder was a non-payer, and that now I could have it for $35k, but I had to pay through Escrow.com!
Anyways, I sent him another email and of course, no response!
100% scam!!

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the car is in Alhambra Ca. and you get an address let me know, I live near there(50 miles away) and grew up in that area (5 miles away) I can go check to see if the car is there.
I am no expert but I can at least see if the car is in one piece.
Cheers,

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the help Scott! But this person, excuse me SCAMMER, won't give a phone number or any other info.!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a situation where somone registered an online checking account using My company name and banking information off of our
business checks and was writing checks out of our account. When we found out we contacted the online check company who said they could not close the account without a police report as it would violate their members rights! Our lawyer wrote them a letter stating we would hold them responsible for any loss and damage
to our reputation. They quickly closed that account. It amazes me
how bold people can be on line and how easy some of these scams are pulled off!

Beware !!!

2Charmed

bogz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't talk much on this forum, but i know that UTI.com (where the email came from) is a company in a town called Morris, IL (lived there).

Last i heard, there were only 2 vipers in Morris, 1 onwed by a dealership, and 1 owned by someone that isn't named 'nelson'..

bogz.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32