Scariest exprience in a car ever!!!

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take your Viper to a big parking lot.

Practice steady radius turns, gradually increasing throttle, until it understeers, (or oversteers). All four tires should be steadily shrieking. Make no sudden course or velocity corrections at this time.

After you get comfy with the above-

Now try it in the same way, but abruptly lift-off the throttle, and see how the back end comes around, when the weight transfers forward.

Same thing again, but now try keeping the rpms high, steady state of shrieking tires, then try stabbing the throttle. The weight should transfer rearward, making the front end light, inducing understeer.

When you get acclimated to the above, then try some burnouts, but stay on top of the back end, by countersteering, and feathering the throttle.

Become familiar with the limits of your car, until it's second nature.

Now run away fast, cause the cops are coming.

haha what would you say is the best way to nail it in a straight line and not get into trouble? shift easy? nail it at a certain point in the power band so its not so violent? . .also im guessing the 345/30/19 invos on mine should make it less scary no?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When I first test drove a Viper, the salesman was pretty cool, he let me spin the tires from a light. At first, we were going straight.
Then I grabbed second gear, and when I nailed it, and the back end strated stepping out. I got off it too quick, and had snap-oversteer.

Rather than try to avoid any fishtailing, I would immerse myself in it, until countersteering and feathering the throttle become second nature. Find out what makes it come around, and practice controlling it with steering and throttle inputs.

Or, just drive it real easy, and you'll never get into any trouble.

OP
OP

7amood5041

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very informative guys, thanks for the help.

So in a spin both feet in and if she is pregnant both feet out. Perfect :drive:

93rt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An anonymous cop told me they cannot enforce private parking lots like malls....other than trespassing if the mall security tells you to leave. In my experience the typical mall security gaurd will want to watch you drift your car, before telling you to leave if it is vacant and safe. I'd ask a local officer when you get a good opportunity.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An anonymous cop told me they cannot enforce private parking lots like malls....other than trespassing if the mall security tells you to leave. In my experience the typical mall security gaurd will want to watch you drift your car, before telling you to leave if it is vacant and safe. I'd ask a local officer when you get a good opportunity.

This is bad advice... :rolaugh:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never gotton onto my car when going around a corner or any sort of turn at all and I never will. If my tires are even a little suspect I won't even get on it when going straight. I know one time I was going 130 and the tires broke loose, it scared the crap out of me. I notice a big difference in the type of tires that you have. My Nittos break loose all the time and my MT's stay planted when I am getting on it.

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never gotton onto my car when going around a corner or any sort of turn at all and I never will. If my tires are even a little suspect I won't even get on it when going straight. I know one time I was going 130 and the tires broke loose, it scared the crap out of me. I notice a big difference in the type of tires that you have. My Nittos break loose all the time and my MT's stay planted when I am getting on it.

the turbos might have something to do with the nittos not hooking :rolaugh:

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes and no. Certain laws can be enforced on private property and certain laws cannot (unless there is an agreement between the property owner and the police to do so). In IL, I can DUI you in the McDonald's parking lot while you're sitting there eating a Mcnugget if I want to, but I CANNOT write the same person a ticket for his expired license plate unless that McDonalds has an agreement with me to do so. Each state is different, and so is each officer's judgment. Just know that most police officers value sound judgment and common sense, because we don't see much of it each day.