Scattershield or OEM Bellhousing

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly happened! Man you have got some serious money in that engine, just wondering what came first. Broken crank or bellhousing? Do you run NOS?

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a nice engine (or was). Its actually a GTSR block and crank. Reportedly built by the guys who built the Oreca cars for Lemans. Ran really really well for the past three years and then let go approaching T6 at Road Atlanta.

So now the question..... try to source a GTSR crank or swap motors. GTSR's were the hot ticket in 1999 when this one was built but parts are tough to find 12 years later.

No NOS (illegal in SCCA and NASA) as this is a road course car.

Anybody with ideas on where to find GTSR parts?

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but I frankly wouldn't trust a thing those guys ever did. I'd have to have it sent to a reputable shop and mic'd, balanced and fully examined by someone I trusted before I would send those crooks a nickel.

I do appreciate the idea, and that you're trying to help, but that just conjured up some nasty memories.:omg:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw them advertised in the classifieds by Al Box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edited my post, JonB?

Thx! :) I have a call into JonB but he's at a MoSports event until Thursday. He may return the call later this week. I have checked with a bunch of sources (Archer, Greg G, Jon B, Mopar Parts, DCP etc) but so far, no crank.

The journals are reportedly smaller on the GTSR so one can always machine an OEM crank to fit. May have to go that route if I can't find one.

Camfab, thanks....I did notice that FatAlbert has a GTSR block for sale in the classifieds....but no separate crank. Its pretty spendy:omg: and my block seems fine so that's probably not the best way to go. I do appreciate the help of the VCA community on this'n.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw them advertised in the classifieds by Al Box.

Doh! I went back to the classifieds and there is a pic of a crank by itself, in a box. Thanks for the prompt.....the intro picture led me to believe it was a package-deal motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang