Seat Help on an 08

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all. I am getting ready to purchase my first viper so I paid a visit to Ringgold Dodge today to see if I can fit into a viper. I cant with the stock seat.

Let me start this by saying how extremely helpful the guys at Ringgold were. I spend a few hours there thinking, and thinking, about how to fit into this car. I then asked (a kind of redicoulous request) them to remove the driver seat in the car to see how much room there is in there so perhaps I could have a custom seat made for me. They actually took out the seat for me and let me sit in the car. Without the seat, I actually had a little too much room.

So, my question is this....has anyone had a customer seat made or know of a seat that would sit extremely low and be pretty darn thin??
The 2 inch seat lowering kit just wont be enough.

Im trying to figure out if im going to have to get an aftermarket seat or go the custom route.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie

OP
OP
R

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well im 6'3" ish but the main problem is I have a long torso and Im wide(ex-football lineman) and my ass literally sits on the bolsters raising me up another couple of inches.

Could I modify the stock seat to somehow remove the bolsters?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slim Fast! ;)

Welcome to the board. Someone will help you out. I have seen some big dudes get in these cars.

What about an aftermarket seat?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anything is possoble,find a real custom fab shop and they can do anything,but u have to find a true pro so he does it right and so it also looks good.these people also have crafty minds,you will pay dearly but its worh it.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will castro at unique auto sports is your man for the job!(only if u live there):)

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a spare seat bottom. Remove the seat cover and the foam from the seat frame.
Trim the bolster hoops off of the frame (cut grind, etc). Get the 2" kit and re-install.
I widened the bolsters on the '96 I had when I lowered the seat, and it made a world of difference!

PBR