Seat ideas for when my vertically challenged wife drives my Viper ?

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wanting to see what you guys have done for when your wife drives or if you are a little shorter than others. My wife is 5'4" and rarely drives my car but when she does she has trouble even with the seat all the way up. She has used a pillow behind her in the past but that seems kind of "cheesy" and won't be the best in the summer with the top off the car either.

What have you guys done ??

97blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife has the same problem even with the pedals adjusted. Her main problem is she can't see out the mirrors. But I think it is probaly better she doesn't drive it anyway.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kid tied blocks of wood to his shoes when he drove a Taxi. Maybe a good idea?
You must be registered for see images attach

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My girl is gonna have the same problem.

Anybody been to the go cart tracks to race (Speedzone, Adams cart track, ? For shorter people, they have booster seats that are molded foam that go behind the driver. I was thinking this would be a good solution, but I'm having trouble finding any on the net for sale.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the seat out of the car. You will notice two stop rivets that prevent it from going forward the two or three more clicks / notches on the rail. Drill them out with a drill then the seat will go forward two or three more notches. Not exactly sure how many extra notches, as I did this on my 95 a few years ago, before she got the 01, which has the adjustable pedals.

With these stop rivets drilled out the seat will go way forward, possibly even off the rail. You should not have this problem as to slide it that far forward, there would be no room for person to sit, even a small person. This worked great for me and I have had no problems at all. Also, it will lock into place in the extra notches that are normally not used because of the stop rivets.

Hope this helps.
Ed

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is 5’2’’ and I just bought her some stripper shoes.
I’m 6’2’’ and I lowered the seat of my 2000 GTS 1’’. She can drive it, but she’d like to be a little higher. I was going to have an upholster shop make a 2’’ seat pad out of the same looking leather, and make it so she can tuck it into the back of the seat to keep it in place. Or we could just keep’em the hell out of the cars.

OP
OP
N

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take the seat out of the car. You will notice two stop rivets that prevent it from going forward the two or three more clicks / notches on the rail. Drill them out with a drill then the seat will go forward two or three more notches. Not exactly sure how many extra notches, as I did this on my 95 a few years ago, before she got the 01, which has the adjustable pedals.

With these stop rivets drilled out the seat will go way forward, possibly even off the rail. You should not have this problem as to slide it that far forward, there would be no room for person to sit, even a small person. This worked great for me and I have had no problems at all. Also, it will lock into place in the extra notches that are normally not used because of the stop rivets.

Hope this helps.
Ed

Thank you so much this was the type of info I was hoping for. I will try this maybe this weekend. Everybody has been very helpful and I did think about the idea of having a little pad made out of leather but I will take the seat out first and see if I can do that mod.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hope this helps.

Ed

Thank you so much this was the type of info I was hoping for. I will try this maybe this weekend. Everybody has been very helpful and I did think about the idea of having a little pad made out of leather but I will take the seat out first and see if I can do that mod.

I can't take the credit, Doug Levin told me how to do this back when I was looking for an answer to this problem.

Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302