Seat Lowering kit?

IndianaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a 08 Very Viper Orange Vert with black stripes from Woodhouse, and now i need a seat lowering kit.. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS...come join us this weekend at the MOPAR Club & VCA Cruise-In at Champion Dodge. I am dying to see YOUR color combo as Bill P. and I have had "recent discussions" about same. :)

OP
OP
I

IndianaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS...come join us this weekend at the MOPAR Club & VCA Cruise-In at Champion Dodge. I am dying to see YOUR color combo as Bill P. and I have had "recent discussions" about same. :)

Where's that at ? I am in Northwest Indiana.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
EASY DRIVE...I-65 South to Exit 129...then EAST on I-865 for 5.5 miles...stay in left lane and take I-465 EAST for 2 miles...and get off I-465 at Exit 27...go north on Michigan Rd. (US 421) one block to West 96th St...then WEST about 2 blocks to Champion C-J-D.

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that you could not lower the seat on the 08 Vipers due to new components under the driver seat. Is it possible to lower the drivers seat on the 08?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not as easy as it used to be, but if you know what is involved it can be done.

Some electrical parts are mounted under the seat, and they must be delt with.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add to Paul's comments the issue of potential liability should there be some airbag issue after a seat is lowered and the topic seems to have become publicly toxic.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gateway module seems to sit ON TOP of a black metal bracket. A fellow forum member removed the module (held in by 3 screws) and placed the module BELOW the braket. He has the 1 inch kit and then had to make some modifications for the for/aft to operate but I was talking to him and he suggested to get the 2 inch and prop it up 1/4 inch using washers or fasteners. Seems like a good idea.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gateway module seems to sit ON TOP of a black metal bracket. A fellow forum member removed the module (held in by 3 screws) and placed the module BELOW the braket. He has the 1 inch kit and then had to make some modifications for the for/aft to operate but I was talking to him and he suggested to get the 2 inch and prop it up 1/4 inch using washers or fasteners. Seems like a good idea.

If you do a 2" drop...PLEASE take detailed pictures of the process and let us know how you deal with the RPS. Thanks!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do a 2" drop...PLEASE take detailed pictures of the process and let us know how you deal with the RPS. Thanks!

What does 'RPS' stand for?

If anyone even does a 1" - please post pics of what you did. I have a 1" lowering kit that I plan on installing during the winter when I have time to catch up. Anyone's experience installing the kit would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If anyone even does a 1" - please post pics of what you did. I have a 1" lowering kit that I plan on installing during the winter when I have time to catch up. Anyone's experience installing the kit would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg, Another forum member, Westxsrt10, installed the 1 inch kit. He has pictures in another thread. Try a search. Anyway he gave me the idea for the 2 inch kit. I will be visiting my local dealer soon to talk about it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,
Greg

RPS = Rail Position Sensor. That's the thing that detects where the seat is to reduce airbag force for short folks....it has to be dealt with if you're going to do a 2" kit, or so the SRT guys indicated in the latest SRT chat.