Second guessing exhaust

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another exhaust question.

I have a stock '01 GTS. I have purchased the 3" Corsa System
and 3" Random Tech high-flow catalytic converter to improve
the "lame" stock sound. I did not buy headers because I was
afraid of getting it too loud (is there such a thing)?

Somebody come to my aid and tell me I should be putting on the
headers while I have this thing cut apart.

Does it become obnoxious or what?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the header, but I'll say no you shouldn't have to put the header on now, you can wait until later.

I've heard the whole 3" belanger system with hi-flow cats. I did not think it was too loud at all. Of course, I only have Borla cat backs and I am afraid of waking my daughter when I try to sneak out for a late night cruise. Depends on the situation.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sam it sounds good, but it may be misleading, as you aren't at the typical Sam " Full tilt Boogie" on your sound bites!! You just were afraid you might wake up Ulysses's daughter in California, now weren't you.

Seriously, take Ulysses's advice and go with what you got, as you can always change later. I have headers on mine, and frankly for the street I can wake up Sam and Ulysses's daughter at the same time --- and they are on opposite coasts.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my loud exhaust. Headers, Borla cat back, and now hi-flow cats. The louder the better. To hell with the neighbors.
laugh.gif
This is one bad asp sounding car now. No more UPS truck sound here. Get the headers. The sound does not become obnoxious, it is like sweet music to my ears. Besides, it does not sound that loud when you are just at idle or cruising around at lower RPM's. But at WOT, oh my. Grab the kids and your pets and run for cover.

OP
OP
V

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies.

Sam, my GTS is yellow also. I gotta tell you, the yellow
engine coordinating with the yellow car is cool. Definitely
a must do. The stock red just does not go with the yellow car. Your car looks (and sounds) great.

Leaning toward headers.

Belanger, Edelbrock, Archer?

Header coatings?