Selling my HRE's... (not dial up friendly)

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Selling my HRE\'s... (not dial up friendly)

Selling my near perfect set of 18x10 and 18x13 fully polished HRE 540 wheels along with 275/35 front and 335/30 Michelin Pilot Sport tires. Wheels and tires have about 4,000 miles and are in exceptional condition. I am a super clean freak about my car and these wheels are exemplary of my nature, everthying down to the wheel weights matches perfectly. The wheels are fully polished, no clear coat, the way they should be, as I have found on past sets of HRE wheels the clear coat is prone to chipping. The wheels have HRE's custom etched aluminum $200+ Viper head logo center caps which are hard to come by. Got a set of 19's on the way so these have to go... asking $4700.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Selling my HRE\'s... (not dial up friendly)

Just like mine, not counting the centers. Very good price-it's like getting the tires for free. I don't know what you're going to get that looks better. Just a bigger size, is all.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm interested in the wheels but not the tires. If anybody needs a set of tires, let me know. Maybe we could work something out.

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just like mine, not counting the centers. Very good price-it's like getting the tires for free. I don't know what you're going to get that looks better. Just a bigger size, is all.

He is getting reversed lip wheels im sure which look even better.....

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The rep for HRE was at the SoCal club tech meeting couple weeks ago at Dave Jenkins's Victory Vipers. He mentioned that they could refinish and rehab customers wheels if they wanted the clear coat added or removed. In case anyone is interested in these wheels, but wanted to have them clear coated, it can be done at HRE's facility.
They also mentioned that they would be offering special prices for a short while through Daves place.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't forget I still have my 19" HRE 543s for sale with Pilots (click on my avatar pic). FINALLY putting the new wheels on this weekend.

OP
OP
B

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Paul,

I'm glad you brought up the clear coat thing. I have had experience with HRE's before on my Z06 being clearcoated, and unfortunately they got chipped slightly when the tires were first mounted. That created a chipping which never ended. It was a mess.

The nice thing about no clear is if you scratch the wheel or if some tire shop scuffs them when mounting the tire, they can be polished out by hand or at worst by a professional shop. Clearing them means you have to strip it and redo it. And really the exposed aluminum is not that bad to upkeep, especially if you are like me, and your car never ever sees bad weather.

And to re-iterate, these wheels are not cleared.

They are also going up on ebay soon, starting at $4500. I got my new 19's and will be shipping these in the same boxes to ensure they arrive impecable.