Session is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Re: Session is finished

You said "Send in a note to SRTengineer with your VIN - we still have label info for older cars, but not all the way back. it's worth a try. "

Do you mean that we should send a PM to your account on these forums or is there another account to send the info to?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Yes please send a private message unless you are comfortable sharing your VIN on the forum. We suggest a PM.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Session is live

What kind of ball park hp figure are you shooting for? Hopefully 650-700hp at the crank. I always have loved Vipers I just want to see us on top again!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I'm just going to blurt this one out-Is there any technical reason why Dodge continues to make a 90 degree block V10, instead of a more even firing 72 degree V10?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score

As per your request, I want to send the last 8 of my VIN; however, when I try to send a PM it states that the SRT Engineer is not accepting...maybe later?

Thanks...Bob Z.
. . . . . . . . . .Sorry, fixed that issue. Please try again.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THANKS again for another chat session, ALWAYS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED...

I and many others look forward to seeing the new '08 Viper 8.4L VVT at NAIAS!

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score

It seems a number of SRT-10 owners have unusually stiff 1st-to-2nd gear shifts until the trans warms up. Is this to be expected, and if not, what can be done? Trans oil change?

Assuming that cold weather is not a factor, the 1-2 shift shouldn't be stiff. Now.... you should check and make sure that the trans is properly filled. If you decide to change the fluid make sure you use the Mopar juice......

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score

I'm just going to blurt this one out-Is there any technical reason why Dodge continues to make a 90 degree block V10, instead of a more even firing 72 degree V10?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .The Viper V-10 is originally related to the iron block truck V10 which is related to the V8 LA engine family. They are from the same family tree.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THANKS again for another chat session, ALWAYS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED...

I and many others look forward to seeing the new '08 Viper 8.4L VVT at NAIAS!
. . . . . . . .What's VVT? Is that like VTEC?

Thanks again for all the help.
I don't know how you type with a straight face.
=)

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks so much - sincerely appreciate your time this evening. It was very beneficial !

Regards,

John (Stray Cat)

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score

The session is now live, please read the rules and enjoy. The posting of questions may now begin.

1) A single THREAD in this forum will be open for posting questions during the time period stated above, about thirty SRT Engineers will be answering the questions, so start thinking up those questions now.....

2) Post all Questions WITHIN THIS THREAD. Questions posted individually/outside of this THREAD will not be answered.

3) ONE, 1, uno, question per POST please (i.e. do not ask five questions within a single post). This is done to make it easier for the different experts to SEE and be able to RESPOND TO the individual questions.

4) *SRT will not answer any questions "pertaining to future product". Please respect this, and understand it is corporate policy.

5) EDIT BY LEE...ONE QUESTION PER POST, AND GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE TO POST. IF THE QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED TO YOUR SATISFACTION THE FIRST TIME IT IS UNLIKELY THEY CAN ANSWER IT DUE TO RESTRAINTS UPON THEM. SO DO NOT REPEATEDLY POST ASKING WHY YOUR QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED, OR WHY IT WAS NOT ANSWERED YET. THEY WILL GET TO IT. WE HAVE TWO HOURS. I WILL TEMPORARILY TURN ANYONE OFF WHO EXHIBITS A TENDENCY TO CONTINUALLY REPOST AND HOG THE FORUM REGARDING THEIR ONE INDIVIDUAL ISSUE. AND RUDENESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ON THE OTHER HAND DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS REGARDING ADDITIONAL TOPICS IF IT SEEMS SLOW AND OTHERS ARE NOT CHIMING IN. 6) I WILL BE YOUR MODERATOR THIS EVENING...ENJOY LEE
OK everyone, it's been fun and quite lively. thanks for playing by the rules and having such a good time with us. I hope everyone has a fine holiday season and we will be back again next year on this site. Goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.