Shameless plug!

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm as happy as the next guy that the Viper will be around for at least a couple more years.

But having said that, I don't buy direct from Dodge, I buy from their dealers - and has been mentioned in several other threads, Dodge has made some pretty stupid choices in that department. In the Denver area, we lost the dealership with the areas most trusted Viper tech and one of the surviving dealers has crashed at least 1 customers car (mine). Though that was now 10 years ago, I still won't buy anything from them nor would I ever let them service any of my cars.

Now for the shameless plug... Someone, please buy my 08 SRTC! I just bought a low mile 1996 B/W GTS so the 08 has got to go.

Blue w/silver stripes 2008 SRTC - ViperClub Classifieds

OP
OP
J

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for asking!

It's personal preference. No doubt the 08 is the superior car in terms of absolute perfomance. Call me old fashioned - or worse - I just like the look / style / appeal of the Gen II over the more current design - which is fastest at the few track days i attend is not an issue.

Keep both? I already have more cars than garage space, so something has to go... Given the cars I'm lucky enough to own, my summer / winter needs (and leaving one space for the Mrs!), one has to go. For me - that's the 08 SRTC.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe;

From what I understand of your collection, the 08' SRTC is the bottom car. Ha! Ha! Wish I had your problems, but good luck with the sale. Say, is it hot over there in the middle of nowhere?

See you in a few weeks in Castle Rock. I am head back up to Canada next week and finally trailering down my fully restored 69' Mach 1 that has been sitting on blocks for 16 years, back at my parents place. I will need to ease into that one as I am sure ever seal is bone dry. Oh well, time to put it into active duty here in Colorado. No more room in the garage as all spaces and lifts are full.

My Cayenne Turbo S is relinquished to the driveway. If I buy one more vehilce, I think I will be living out of it in the driveway as well, or so the threat has been presented to me. :)

OP
OP
J

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any interest at $70K?

Wow, I know times are tough, but I've only had one real expression of interest in my car...

I think $75K is a great deal but obviously the market doesn't!

$70K anyone?

Thanks,

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WoW! That is a great deal with all of the mods. Wish I could sell my 06 coupe to pick yours up.

Good luck on the sale.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe;

Still wish you the best with the sale. I lucked out as when we installed the IPOD adapter in my 06' a good friend on the board here helped me out tremendously. I added a used 08' NAV unit at the same time, but replaced part of the wiring harness sections from the NAV unit back to the amp and Sirius unit, NOT a part of either the Sirius or IPOD kits. It works great and I never had the same issue you mentioned on your car. As far as I know your issue has to do with the different wiring (Bus??) etc. on the 08 cars.

Anyone looking at this car, it should really not be a big issue. The car has never been wreaked, in the slightest. Took me two attempts on my IPOD install as the first two times through my car's electrical a curve ball briefly though my speedometer was not affected. Windows going up and down were. Very touchy stuff which is why on my car it was promptly returned to stock the first two times, until the probelms was solved with a different harness piece. NO problems now, but mine is an 06'.

Joe, I know you don't want to part things out, but if the Motons, suspension and recharge kit from your 08 fit on my 06' I would be willing to take that suspension kit off your hands. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi