Shipping a Viper????

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a good company for shipping a Viper??? What is the averge
cost of it?? Also, it would be coming from California to Texas. Looking for some advice from you guys who have done this.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their favortie. ALWAYS ask the carrier to fax to you their damage claim reports for the past couple of years. Don't be afraid to shop...LOOKING for low damage claim rate INSTEAD of low price. If you are willing to wait a couple of weeks so that shipper can "bundle" a load, it will generally be cheaper.

We have had 3 Vipers brought to us by InterCity....super service, EXTREMELY careful crews (husband/wife teams)...NO damage EVER!!!

A friend just shipped shipped a car (930) home with a carrier he had used in the past...wheels were scraped AND he later found out (by accident) that they decided to unload at their base and DRIVE his "baby" the last 20 miles IN SPITE of the contract wording to the contrary. Things can CHANGE.

P.S. Horseless Carriage has been used by multiple friends for multiple times with NO problems!!

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who did you ship with and, how long did it take from drop off to receiving it? It is an ACR I plan to ship. Seeing that you are partial to them.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y'all come back with some prices.

About 5 years ago I had Passport Transport ship a 3/4 PU and a car from West Palm Beach, FL to Pittsburgh PA for $500 each on standby. It took them 6 weeks to pick them up but I got the deal for 1/2 price.

I recently, repeatedly called them and they insisted they don't do that anymore.

Rats.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Horseless Carriage. Most people think they would be the highest based on the cars they transport. $850 from Louisiana to Kansas City.

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will be using Reliable for shipping. I will drive the car to Phoneix from California, they will cut me a hell of a deal this way.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '13 GTS just went to Florida via United Routes Express. The driver/owner J.C. was extremely professional and his 4 car hauler rig is top notch. You can reach him at (305) 76four-6906 and tell him Lawrence sent you.

My Viper was in good company with a new Aventador!

You must be registered for see images

HotRodMojo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just used Executive Autos. 1100 miles and 2 days. They picked up the next day after invoice. $1100 for enclosed 2 car trailer Lots of good reviews if that matters. I was happy with them. Good customer service and have me the truckers cell to keep in touch.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relevant thread resurrected!

I'm the other way: cheapest open carrier that will not rip the Hennesey front fascia off from Carson City, NV to Pittsburgh, PA. (if it was cheap enough, I'd gladly do the 'glass repair (!)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Resurrected thread ---- would never , ever use an open trailer and in fact we deliver every Viper we sell in one of our own enclosed trailers. Would use Reliable in a minute if looking for a Nationwide Enclosed Carrier and when many front fascias of Challengers get damaged on open trailers just think of the risk with a Viper. The tiny amount you save will be eaten away with damage super quickly.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Resurrected thread ---- would never , ever use an open trailer and in fact we deliver every Viper we sell in one of our own enclosed trailers. Would use Reliable in a minute if looking for a Nationwide Enclosed Carrier and when many front fascias of Challengers get damaged on open trailers just think of the risk with a Viper. The tiny amount you save will be eaten away with damage super quickly.
As long as you don't expect one of those big fancy rigs Reliable is fine. Some of these company's sub out their deliveries to the guy with a 2 car enclosed beat up trailer pulling it with their daily driver diesel pu. Guy had to jump through my side window due to lack of room to get in the viper like Bo on the"Dukes of Hazzard" lol. No problems but it was kinda wierd...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your note, Sybil, but Reliable does have only the big fancy rigs and they don't sub out. Assume you are talking about some of the Brokers who actually do often grab anyone they can.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your note, Sybil, but Reliable does have only the big fancy rigs and they don't sub out. Assume you are talking about some of the Brokers who actually do often grab anyone they can.
Nope, it was Reliable. We talked to the guy who delivered and he laughed. He said they all do it it. I was a little shocked really, I thought my pretty B/W would show up in a kick-ass big rig lol, It all depends on where you are and who is going there and what time frame. That was 3 years ago so maybe things have changed...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper