Short throw shifters/B&M-Mopar -question

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove another '04 Viper w/ a B&M shifter that was really nice. When I call to order one all I get is a shifter up to '02 Vipers. They (Summit,Jags) even called B&M direct and they say that is all there is for now. Then,I was told from Summit that Mopar shifters are really B&M shifters and that they fit '03 and up Vipers. Do the '02's fit the '05's? Anybody have any experience with this......Thanks
p.s Are the rivets easier to remove on the '05's vs the '04's?

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure about the B&M but the Mopar Shifter is a Hurst shifter is good for all Vipers.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the SVS shifter in my ACR, and I moved it to ny SRT. You should definitely look at SVS!

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike:
The rivets are still hardened in the 2005 model; however, a cobalt drill available at Home Depot or some other hardware store will quickly remove them. The B&M Shifter from Summit fit my 2005 without a problem even though it was not listed for the 2005 year. Please see this posting for information on the installation http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=568312&Forum=UBB21&Words=shifter&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=567907&Search=true#Post568312

Good Luck
Lynn

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Short throw shifters/B&M-Mopar -question

Thanks Lynn,
I'll call Summit on Monday, and the Home Depot is a good idea instead of my drill. I was hoping the rivets were
not hardened. I really liked my arm position and the "notch" feel of the Viper I drove that had the B&M.
Mike

Nate04SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The rivets were a pain in the ASS!

Sorry to ask such a newbie question but what rivets are you speaking of?? The '04 has them correct, cause I am under the impression that they do since you have an '04 listed in your sig line. Any info would be great!

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nate: The rivets are used to fasten the shifter boot to the car. Replacement screws included with the B&M shifter are used for reassembly.

Thanks,

Lynn

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant