Should i pull the trigger on this car? PICS INSIDE

Bernard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone remember FranciscoR? Remember all the posts about wanting to buy a Viper. This thread is a ditto. What does a buyer expect to get for $30-35K for a Gen2? Not a trophy car, perhaps a car that has seen the track, has been driven hard or has a few stories.

Maybe even one that is so fast the owner had a heart attack in it?:lmao:

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe even one that is so fast the owner had a heart attack in it?:lmao:

While dropping 3 seconds of his fastest lap time as well. Wow, I remember that day like it was yesterday Bernard. When was tha, 3 years ago? Thought we were going to lose you that day. ;)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone remember FranciscoR? Remember all the posts about wanting to buy a Viper. This thread is a ditto. What does a buyer expect to get for $30-35K for a Gen2? Not a trophy car, perhaps a car that has seen the track, has been driven hard or has a few stories.

It's starting to look like Francisco all over again. :rolaugh: No doubt about that. We'll find out soon enough!

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's starting to look like Francisco all over again. :rolaugh: No doubt about that. We'll find out soon enough!

I dont know this francisco character but i hope i dont turn into him. Im not trying to get something for nothing here, i know you get what you pay for. Im just tryign to make the best possible decision with alll of the available information. I dont know if francisco ended up buying a car but i can Guarantee that i will very soon. By the way, my budget has increased a little bit so i dont have to hope for miracles. I never expected to get a really nice gen 2 for low thrities.

a66cobra1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the information, I bought it today for $28,000, he really wanted to unload it.

Nah, just kidding. Seems like a pretty "iffy" deal, but it is certainly on the threshold of what is a good buy. If you can get your shipping down, that is where your value will come in at, but with fuel at insane levels don't count on it. What the others said, get that thing to a Viper Tech for a professional inspection.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im probably not going with this car considering the condition and the fact that i have to pay about 2500 to ship it. i would rather put the shipping cost towards quality and buy something around here. I have a few other options so well see what happens.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfection is a street I live near but not on,You can get a Perfect viper that someone sells cheap to you, pull it out of the drive, bump the curve and it will look just like that. buy what you think is nice, have it looked at to be safe. You will love the car, Gen1s are nice to,open top with side pipes win every time!