Should we invite the corvette to the V-10 Nationals???

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone asked if we could invite the Corvettes to the V-10 nationals and have a shoot-out like we did at the texas Supra Event?

Those attending what do you think???

It will be our regular event and then the fastest 8 will go against the fastest 8 qualifying Vettes.

Opinions please in a hurry???????????

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see some quick vettes, but if we are already talking about 80 Vipers then I think the vettes would just make the event to crowded and cause some long lines at the gates IMO.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could put limits on the numbers. Just say you have X number of spots saved exclusively for Vettes. Make sure to use the word "exclusive" so they think they're somebody. LOL

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. What about f-bodies, Supras, Mustangs, Grand Nationals etc ? It could become a regular old shootout. That's nice but not what I would like to see this become.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like chuck said, just put a number/limit to it and the crowded scenario wont exist. i personally think itd be fun. and as for the GNs and Fbodies, supras, etc. well, what about em. you cant invite everybody, you cant please everybody and who the h*ll would want to try anyway.

actually it might be a good thing; look at it this way; the first event we invite vettes, the nex one we invite fbodies and GNs, etc, the third we invite imports (supras, etc) and so on...whuppin each "group" as the events go on thru the season.

do it

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and as for the GNs and Fbodies, supras, etc. well, what about em. you cant invite everybody, you cant please everybody

and so on...whuppin each "group" as the events go on thru the season.

do it

Exactly....but you want to please the Vette guys ????? Also add Mustangs to the others. As far as whuppin, there are plenty of cars in each of these groups that would kill the fastest of the Vipers.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if your prepared to go home with your tail between your legs. And then the internet trash talking that you will have to endure till the next event. Believe me folks Vipers are not the sniznet at the drag strip.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a couple more Vipers running 9s though. Tom Welch and Lee Saunders in BTR prepped Vipers ran high 9s. As I recall on that day there were 50 Vettes and only a handful of Vipers, three of which ran 9s and were the fastest of the day.

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would advise not to invite GN's. Those cars were built to do nothing but hand you your a** in a straight line, and there are tons that will do just that. Chuck, there are two guys within shouting distance from Tampa with GN's both running 8 second quarters

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they have V-10's? If so, I say invite them. If not, I don't think I would. Makes a lot of sense for the V-10 Nationals to have only V-10's. I am a simple minded man. lol

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer to stick to Vipers, though if you want some exhibition time on Friday, that could be more open... especially if we are short on $$ for the event.

JD

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should we also invite them to the next VOI.Lets keep this thing in the family,Plenty of Vette/Viper/Fbody ect.ect going on everywhere.Bottom line is you can build most any car to go fast.I believe most owners have these cars for the simple reason they look great,go fast and are very unique.Would be very dissapointing to me to see this happen!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright alright, you old men talked some sense into my head. keep it vipers. but, for the record, whuppin was a figure of speech as i know all to well the 1/4 mile is not our main event. an old vega down the street is a 1/4 mile monster running 8's and the bonehead only has about 12k in it total cost. but ill slap him at mid ohio or in beers, LOL