SHUT UP!

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper won't stop making the door ding noise. If the key is in the ON position (engine fired or not), it's dinging. Lights on or off, still dinging. Just happened out of the blue on day.

It's a '94

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Does it stop when you close the door?

Yes, I know its not supposed to ding when in the "on" position. :D But I was just curious if it stops when the door switch is made.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might be the dorr is not makin 100% connection, fine where the button/switch is and push it in by hand and see if it stops.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might be the door is not makin 100% connection, fine where the button/switch is and push it in by hand and see if it stops.

I believe it is powered off of the latch. No button. Also if the latch is bad, you might have a dead battery unless you unplug the mirror light(the one that comes on when the door is open). Check it before you leave the car for the night. Check with Chuck Tator, but it could also be a broken wire.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might be the door is not makin 100% connection, fine where the button/switch is and push it in by hand and see if it stops.

I believe it is powered off of the latch. No button. Also if the latch is bad, you might have a dead battery unless you unplug the mirror light(the one that comes on when the door is open). Check it before you leave the car for the night. Check with Chuck Tator, but it could also be a broken wire.

I just checked my 99 You are 100% right sorry about that.

OP
OP
K

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door shuts and the sounds keeps going, even stays dinging when I'm driving... The mirror light turns off properly like usual.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is also a '94. It did that once after I futz'ed around inside the door, putting some new speakers in. It's a bit difficult to explain, especially if you haven't looked inside the door with the interior panel off, but the
door latch mechanism (actually, some doodad attached to it), holds a sensor that can pivot slightly on it's mount.
If it's out of place, it won't be shut when the door is closed.