Side Sill paint Chipping

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I niticed recently that the flat black paint around the exhaust exit has bubbled and peeled off due to the alignment of my corsa exhaust. It seems that it moved over time after the initial install. While i recently had them adjusted and tacked into place, I want to repair the chipped area.

In speaking with Chuck he mentioned it is a simple mod since it is high temp flat black paint similar to what is used for barbecues. I remember there was some others on the board that had the same problem but couldnt locate the thread.

Is there anyone out there that had this problem too and could detail their fix? Did you do it yourself or bring it somewhere? What paint did you use? Did it match the flat black on the car? I would rather not do both sides if i can get the right paint match.

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader,

You could try someone like chipsaway.com since it is only the black area or just get them repainted. Tip when removing the sills pull back the front fenderwells to get the bolt from hell.

Regards,

Brian

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonsidering the chipped areas is roughly 1" in diameter I dont think that is an option but thanks for the heads up.

However I could use someone who knows what they are doing to repair a few rock chips. Have you used chipsaway.com them before?

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay here are some pics...

9384DSC03987-med.JPG

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More... I really dont think it is the positioning of the tip at this point. Furthermore, I did just have them adjusted since they were a bit low and actually just touching the bottom of the sill. Now it is perfectly centered. Question did you just sand smooth the area and paint? Did you use primer?

9384DSC03992-med.JPG

9384DSC03990-med.JPG

9384DSC04019-med.JPG

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perfectly centered is actually no good. When the Corsa system heats up it could actually move up to a 1/4 inch. Mine is perfectly centered when hot.

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have used them for chips and they are good.

That is interesting about the grill paint. I would personally rather pay a body shop to do it since I would probably mess it up good.

Thx,

Brian

Reaction score
Has the car been to a dyno lately? We have seen this one other time but it was from heat soak after a pull with the new style tips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine