sideskirts

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

at this moment I am restoring the sideskirts. There is a lot of work on it, years havent been good to them. With all our speedbumps the underside has bad spots, which I now noticed are repaired badly with fill up and new paint.

So now they're gonna be sandblasted, but than with a thin plastic grain in stead of sand in order not to blast right through.
Than they are going to put the skirts back in it's original shape without the filler and than paint them in the right color.

gonna cost me, but it has to look like new ones again and I hate filled pieces which show cracks within some time.

now its done properly.

gonna post some before/after pics next week, when the jobs done

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the SILL project. It'll look great when you're done!

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blasting can warp the crap out of thin metal make sure they know what they are doing.

Yep I know, as told they are going to use a real soft kind of plastic for it, which is also being used on plastic bumpers and stuff.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe they are talking about our side sill that go over our exhuast. I just did mine a month ago.

People in europe call things differently from us. Its not there fault ;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blasting alum sills can be tricky. I personally wouldn't let them, I had mine chemically stripped. I didn't wanna risk it

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going there this evening and tell them how I (you guys) feel about this and see what they think. I trust these guys big time, so I'm not really afraid something bad will happen.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually didn't know that either mopar boy. My first thought was a side splitter. But we're all on the same page now. :)

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys have putten some of this clear stickers on after the repaint, they are there now...
If yes, does the dodge dealer provides them?

Most probably my grammar wasn't 100% ok again, but I dare you to try and post some stuff on a Dutch forum...;)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all in good fun roy, and yes clearly monolingual here :D

i always like viper guys posting from all over the globe, like having buds (friends) world wide

we call the clear stuff "clear bra" among other things - get the best quality you can if you use it, as some have had it turn yellow from the heat

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely. My joke about the grammar police was related to another thread. We totally understood what you were saying, and in fact you said it better than most of us mono-lingual types!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte