Silver 2005 Viper - 37k miles - value?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone is interested in buying my car (not sure of the degree of interest though). It is a Silver 2005 SRT/10 with 37k miles, typical wear including some little rock chips on the front fascia and a mild road rash on a rim or two. Well maintained mechanically, and negligible modification. And a 50k miles, $0 deductible, 7 year warranty good for another year or two.

I'm not interested in selling, but of course would entertain reasonable offers. At what price should I reasonably "offer" my car for sale under these circumstances? I.e., not trying to sell, but at a point that *could* sell, and considering that a buyer would try to negotiate down.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It depends how fast you want to move it. I would say mid to low 40's. Just my 2 cents. Did you check the other websites see what there going for? Good Luck with the sale.

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe you'd get low to mid 40's at all with 37k miles. My guess would be around 35-37k. (I hate to say it but some I've even seen go for low 30's) There are many SRT verts with <20k miles going for ~40k.

Just to give you an example, I purchased mine last november with 13,595 on the odometer for $40,000 and it had a vipair hood and 09 exhaust. It's also in excellent condition with hardly ANY noticeable blemishes...

Good luck if you decide to sell.

V

Venomiss

Depends on if your buyer is local? They will save $$ by having no shipping fees and get all the background/records from you. That is worth something too.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 2005..i wouldnt take a penny under 44K..The right buyer always comes along..

Two years ago I paid 35K for a 91 nsx because i just really liked it..Despite people saying that they are worth 25-30K..I paid what I poaid because I wanted the car more than some other people..

A SRT10 Viper is a VERY rare car..Their are less than 6K 2003-2006 Vipers in the world..As well they arent makeing srt's any more after this year...

44K FIRM...

For every person that says they sold a 2003 for 36K..theirs another guy who sold his for 42K......Yours is a 2005!!!

37K miles???? So what..Not everyone buying a srt10 viper knows a lot about them...Sure you and I know a 2005 with 37K miles is a lot..But lets say the potential buyer is cross shopping 2002 nsx's and 2006 C6Z06's...Well that 37K miles will seem like nothing compared to the miles those cars will have..

And on top of iit all you have warranty....44k FIRM

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just paid $41,900 for an 05 Copperhead (two weeks ago) with 21K miles on it. It appears to be in excellent shape. No rock chips or rash on the wheels, but it has a couple nicks under the drivers door that have been covered up with touch up paint and the power steering hose started leaking a bit a few days after I bought it. Other than that it looks flawless. I bought it from a dealership, so Im sure there are better deals to be had. I dont think the financing they got me could be beat. (84 months at 3.9%) I just really fell in love with the color...

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. As noted, I'm not trying to move it, so the price would be higher than if I tried to dump it. Also, as others noted, it is an 05 with a warranty, not an 03, so that is significant.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
84 months on a used 2005 car ?...lol

maybe i can afford that murci afterall.

I agree financing a vehicle for 84 months! :omg:

That would be ridiculous on a daily driver, let alone a toy. Obviously if an individual needs to finance a car for 84 months it is more car than they can afford. IMO this is why so many people are in the situation they are in.

Tony2

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree financing a vehicle for 84 months! :omg:

That would be ridiculous on a daily driver, let alone a toy. Obviously if an individual needs to finance a car for 84 months it is more car than they can afford. IMO this is why so many people are in the situation they are in.

Tony2

A different viewpoint: If the payment is low enough, they are less likely to default. And, 3.9 is cheap money. One can always pay off a loan early when circumstances improve. If it is possible, especially comfortably possible with the right payment, why put off a dream if tomorrow may never come; all we do is get older. When you're old enough, all you have are memories because everything else hurts. On the other hand, don't get long loans like that (over 4 or 5 years) with minimum down if you aren't going to keep the car (sometimes that's hard to predict) because you will be upside down for quite awhile, especially in today's market.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A different viewpoint: If the payment is low enough, they are less likely to default. And, 3.9 is cheap money. One can always pay off a loan early when circumstances improve. If it is possible, especially comfortably possible with the right payment, why put off a dream if tomorrow may never come; all we do is get older. When you're old enough, all you have are memories because everything else hurts. On the other hand, don't get long loans like that (over 4 or 5 years) with minimum down if you aren't going to keep the car (sometimes that's hard to predict) because you will be upside down for quite awhile, especially in today's market.

Well said....My thing is..lets say you find a used 2008 and the owner just really needs to get rid of the car and he lets it go for 57k..

Really...5 years or 7 years you are ahead...maybe you just like smaller payments and no you can sell it any time you want and get your money back so why would it matter..

Ive got to many cars and bills right now..But If someone put a up a 2008 Viper for 53K..Id jump on it in a second for a 84 month loan ( only way I could afford it)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it takes someone an 84 month loan to make the vehicle of their dreams work (new used or whatever) and it works for them, then why knock them? NOT everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouths and can pay cash for their vehicles out of the family bank account.

If it is a payment they can afford, they can pay for the insurance and still have enough money to pay for the maintenance repairs, I say good for them. Who are you to judge someone else in that situation?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang