Slightly new look - thanks Jerry!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you may remember the operating room cleanliness of Jerry's freshly refinished garage. The local KC VCA Vice President, Jerry has mad skills when it comes to mechanicals. He helped me with a small issue we had that turned out to be a lot of work for him: He ended up removing much of our awesome DLM system in order to get to a problematic power steering pump. While off the car, we cleaned up the various SC parts. Then we decided what the heck, let's get the valve covers painted!

The end result was that they sanded the valve covers totally smooth (no longer the crinkled finish) and matched the exterior paint color to a T. Jerry did all the work and did one heck of a job. Between he and Doug Levin it is hard to imagine a better combo. Thanks to both!

yyellow.jpg

And yes, he really does wear gloves when he does any work on the cars...

jerryy.jpg

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris,

I do enjoy working on your Viper. Sorry that it took longer than expected. I like the yellow valve covers much better than the red. Mary’s Viper draws a lot of attention, I noticed that driving over to Mickey’s last night. Flashy car for sure!

Jerry

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first post in some time, had to respond!!!! That is AWESOME, Chris & Mary...looks absolutely gorgeous! The yellow valve covers are THE icing on your powerful BEAST! :2tu:
Wish you lived closer to us, Jerry~~~GREAT job! :headbang: ~juli

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My response both to your car and your friend's garage/surgical operating theater/microchip manufacturing clean room: wow.

/Rich

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like that chrome on your engine head. Or is it actually high polish? How much is that, or do you have to have it done? what does it in entail?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like that chrome on your engine head. Or is it actually high polish? How much is that, or do you have to have it done? what does it in entail?
The intake is actually the factory intake polished down to a smooth finish and bright shine. Same for the supercharger, holding tank, etc. It takes some elbow grease but is well worth it. Doug Levin Motorsports did it for us originally, while Venomiss and myself "re-polished" the SC and tank when Jerry had them off the car. Jerry did the intake with a buffer as he wrapped up all his work. All great work for sure! :2tu:

V

Venomiss

Jerry's elves working while Jerry is working on Viper in garage.
IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: